cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF from WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one BAPI which takes some iput parameters and open pdf document(it will store the pdf in client's temp and then opens), its working when i executed from R/3 GUI.

i have executed it through using WebDynpro in CUST controller by passing input parameters, the execution was succesful but its not opening any pdf document like R/3.

is there any other way to handle it, i can create adobe forms but the RFC is not returning any data, its just opening document.

Thanks,

Damodhar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While running the BAPI from webdynpro you won't be able to get the file in the client machine and open it because the code is getting executed in the server side and so if at all the file is created(which depends on the function you are using.ws_download, gui_download won't work ), it will be created in the WAS. What you can do is that bring the data to webdynpro from r/3 in the form of table and then convert the data in the node to whatever format required.

Regards,

Mahesh K.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can very well create a file in the WAS and then download it through webdynpro but the it will put load on the WAS. Instead if you bring in the data in a table and then convert it toa file in webdynpro itself it will be much better.

Regards,

Mahesh K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this only way we can deal it, the reason why iam asking is i want to confirm it before going and asking ABAP guys for TABLE data instead of opening file?

Thanks,

Damodhar.