cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI and CTS+

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Not sure whether this is the right forum for this question, in case not, please let me know.

We are looking at the options of using CTS+. I have gone thru many documents but I am still not clear with one statement from SAP. u201CSynchronization of transports for applications with both Non-ABAP and ABAP partsu201D.

Can anyone explain this .

Lets suppose I have a track with two SCs u201CESSu201D and u201CmyESSu201D, I have made 2 new DCu2019s in SC myESS. Both these DC are calling two custom RFCs from ECC box. i.e DC1 is using RFC1 and DC2 is using RFC2.

Now if I use CTS, as per documentation, after consolidation the SCA file is attached to the CTS transport. That mean, my 2 DCu2019s are packed as one SCA (with other DC;s). In this scenario, how can I achieve the synchronization with my ABAP development (RFCs)? Ideally I should be able to attach my DC with its dependent RFCu2026 but in this case SCA is associated with many depended RFC using CTS+. Is this synchronization?

I hope my problem is clear to all.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks again. Do you have details on how to achieve Synchronization of transports for applications with both Non-ABAP (NWDI) and ABAP parts?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Das,

I am not having any documentation regarding the sync of systems.

As of my knowledge Sync means keeping all the systems in single point(same patch level and same version)(means all the components we are using should be same in all the systems). If you follow this process then automatically you can easily achieve in transporting the ABAP and Non-ABAP components successfully.

Regards,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks alot for taking your time and answering to my query. I know about NWDi but I am looking for specific information on using NWDI with CTS+.

Regards,

B Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Das,

Please check these links hope this will give an idea on NWDI CTS+.

[NWDI CTS+|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/cts?rid=/webcontent/uuid/3054e6f4-7b17-2b10-638f-804138f129d2] [original link is broken];

[NWDI CTS+|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0f75302-bf8b-2b10-d991-ee42c8de8eec]

Regards,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply but then what advantage I will get from CTS. I mean, I have to keep track of ABAP and JAVA tranport using some excel sheet or so. I want to attach the JAVA development with its dependent ABAP development using CTS.

I hope I am clear...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Das,

If NWDI is in place then the acutall process will be like this

If we are using both ABAP and non-ABAP components to be transported then

All the ABAP related transports will be done from ABAP engine itself not from NWDI.

All the Non-ABAP related transports will be done in NWDI. In this NWDI we have some components which includes Change Management System(CMS) used for trasportaion of non-ABAP stuff.

The advantage of using NWDI is, earlier non-ABAP transports are done manually through SDM tool at every deployment. But now there is no need of using SDM tool just we need to mention the SDM related inforamtion in Track while creating then automatically NWDI tool will take care of transports.

For more information on NWDI please check this links then you can understand the usage and purpose.

NWDI

/thread/733827 [original link is broken]

/thread/668503 [original link is broken]

tracks in NWDI

/people/amit.bagati/blog/2008/11/03/track-design-for-parallel-development

Hope i am clear...

Regards,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Das,

As of my understanding you need to parallely transport the customized RFCs also from ABAP side. and from Java side NWDI will take care of transports.

What i suggest is first transport the ABAP stuff and then start the transport of java stuff.

Definetly both the transports will be in sync.

Regards,

Anil.