cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Email using SMTP Mail Adapter with MIME Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am sending email attachment using SMTP Adapter with MIME type.

From past two years its working fine.

But suddenly client unable to read the Email and asking us to send with MIME type.

W are already sending the Email with MIME type.

Please find the below link the java mapping which has been used for sending Email.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6321. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

I have seen one note[1147745] in which it is described as if we are sending the Email

content type- disposition: inline this is not accepted by client as additional patch should be added.

In the note it is mentioned that need to be added new patch.

If yes could you please tell me what all the changes should be done in XI apart from BASIS activity.

Do i need to add mime.contenttype under module parameters. if yes where should i add this

the one which under [Module Name]

sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.mail.app/XIMailAdapterBean

do i need to add.

please advice me.

Appreciate for your response.

Thanks,

Bhasker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use the Java code of the blog, the note is not relevant for you.

Please ask your colleagues how the format has to look like, otherwise it is not possible to give advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

The client needs in MIME type, so what all changes should be done by me in XI.

till february all files used to upload successfully on client system.

but suddenly from march they are unable to read th email and asking us to send in MIME format.

but already i am sending in MIME format only.

Could you please advice.

Thanks,

Bhaskar.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

When I ask for more detailled information, it does not really help just to repeat, what you have already posted.

Ask the customer, what that means: "to send in MIME format"

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

The customer is not giving the full information.

They just saying that the " can not read the mail'' as it is not sent in mime type.

even i am confused on this. please see the below which i got reply from customer.

Mersk has received your batch upload email at 2009-04-02 04:00:16 PM GMT+08:00 with subject report;SESEADEPOT;XXXXXX;EDIFACT;EDI. However, we are sorry to inform you that your data file cannot be uploaded because of the following error(s).

Can not read this email

This error is caused by coming mail not using MIME type so that our system cannot handle its content. Please check the e-mail and use MIME type.

Can you Please advice on this.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My advice:

Tell the customer that you cannot understand this and you need more detailled information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes my question is answered.

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

The module name would be : sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.mail.app/XIMailAdapterBean and parameters would be mime.contenttype.

Regards

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

If i request for the note 1147745 do it works i mean if i add that patch does that functionality works.

Appreciate for your reply.

Thanks,

Bhaskar.

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

I don't know whether you are aware or not but there is a functionality in sap where you can check whether a particular note is applicable to you or not. I am not sure of the exact details but i know something like that exists because my basis always do this check.

And regarding whether this would solve your problem or not , that only application of the note will tell.

Regards

joel

Edited by: joel trinidade on Apr 8, 2009 2:00 PM