cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to Web Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BW Gurus,

I want to give users access to 4 web templates I have created in Web App Designer. These should be assigned to a role where the users who have the role can only view the web reports and do not have access to rrmx, BEx WAD but can do things like drill down on the web reports etc.

How would I do this. Would I have to manually modify an existing authorisation object after assigning it to the role.

Can anyone please help me and talk me through this?

Many Thanks in advance

Depesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depesh,

In the WAD, you publish web templates to roles via the toolbar. In order to do this, you or the power user who performs this, must be authorized to modify the role into which the template is published. You also need some things in the document management area.

However, the users do not need this authorization. They only need any authorizations related to analysis. These would be the baseline authorizations everyone has for the Bex, plus any reporting objects, such as certain company codes or profit centers, or authorizations based on InfoProviders.

Publishing the template to a role automatically modifies the menu of that role.

If your question relates to 2004S, be aware that many changes have occured in the area of analysis authorizations.

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

So shall I just create a role in PFCG and set all BW Exlorer components to limited access or analysis etc? Is there a standard object template I should use?

I initially used a BW reporting User Role and inactivated alot of the objects, the result was not good as the user could not access certain objects in the web report like graphs and tables. And the user still needs to be able to drill down but nothing more.

Your advice is appreciated.

Depesh

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depesh,

I think the question David has asked you is :

1. Are you on NW2004S ?

If you are on NW2004s , the authorization scenario is quite different from BI3.5, thats why.

I am not too sure if there is a standard access template that you might use but it involves very few components. But the only thing is that you will need to give them read only access to the queries namely infoset queries , multiprovider queries etc , if the query authorizations are not given , it would become difficult for you to later find out what BW components to be authorized for each user.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David and Arun,

We are using BW 3.1 and authorisations set for this version. The good thing about my request is that I want to create a single username and password and allocate the role to this user. So there is only one user that needs this access.

Cheers

Depesh