cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Delivery (POD) - important

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have got a question regarding the Proof of Delivery.

There is one delivery document where all line items are POD relevant except one line item. For this line item, item category is not POD relevant but for all other line items , item categories are POD relevant.

But when invoice is done , it is not allowed to create the invoice from this delivery doc.

The Customer is POD relevant (maintained in the Customer Master record)

As per my knowledge, POD concept says that an invoice is issued only after the customer has confirmed the delivery's arrival.

So, my question is : is it because of this only line item (which is not POD relevant) is creating problem for generating invoice or is there any other reason.

If that is the case, then what is the solution for creating invoice.

Shall we delete that line item from the delivery doc. (PGI has been done for this line item).

Your early response will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Sourav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

for POD relevant transaction, you need to confirm POD by executing t-code VLPODL, for example. After this has been done, you can now invoice the transaction.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan !!

I checked with the Tc VLPODL and tried to confirm. but it is showing error in the "Status" i.e red mark.

please suggest on this..

sourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

sourav bhaumik

What Error Message is being posted, it will be helpful for us.

Regards

sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this is the below i am getting this error:

In the Status column : it is coming in the red colour...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

the red traffic light just means that your POD has not yet been confirmed. it is not an error.

you tick the box next to the delivery to be confirmed. then you confirm by clicking on the 'release' or 'confirm' button.

after you execute the confirmation, you will be brought to the next screen where the confirmed deliveries will be displayed.

please try the transaction again.