cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC ERM 5.3: Transaction Usage Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Does anyone know how the transaction usage report in ERM works? I have executed PFCG and created roles and assigned the roles to users. However, the transaction usage report does not display that PFCG has been executed.

Thanks,

Debbie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Debbie,

This report fetches data from alerts in RAR. Try this :

1) Run some transactions in R/3 that have risks.

2) Run the alert generation job in frontend and see if the alerts are captured by seaching for those alerts.

3) Now run this transaction usage report.

Regards

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this because of the patch level,

Kindly implement the latest patch ERM 5.3 SP05 & RAR 5.3 SP05 (if the GRC version is 5.3) or above level,

After implementing latest SP, Run ....

1) RAR>>>BACKGROUND JOB>> ALERT GENERATION

After the JOB is successful completed, then

2) ERM>>>INFORMER>>TRANSACTION USAGE..

You will find the latest "transaction usage"

Hope this helps you.

Thanks & Regards

Gangadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think another check you can do after running alert generation job is to look at contents of virsa_cc_actusage table. We are working on a problem where we're not seeing results coming into that table, we think because our OS time and SAP time use different timezones. You can also test by running in backend the FM=/VIRSA/ZCC_GET_STATREC_DATA. In our case, the timestamps are 7 hours off where we'd expect them due to this clock issue. Once we get our clocks in sync, we're hoping we'll see some transaction data....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your explanation.

clay_davis2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I realize that this posting is just over a year old, but I was wondering if the issue with timezones was ever resolved. When going through the code for /VIRSA/ZCC_GET_STATREC_DATA which was installed with SP10 (SAPK-53310INVIRSANH), I found an interesting pair of statements around lines 130-138:

CONVERT DATE START_DATE TIME START_TIME

INTO TIME STAMP TIMESTAMP TIME ZONE SYSTEM_TIME_ZONE.

CONVERT TIME STAMP TIMESTAMP TIME ZONE UTC

INTO DATE START_DATE TIME START_TIME.

CONVERT DATE START_DATE TIME START_TIME

INTO TIME STAMP TIMESTAMP TIME ZONE SYSTEM_TIME_ZONE.

CONVERT TIME STAMP TIMESTAMP TIME ZONE UTC

INTO DATE START_DATE TIME START_TIME.

The above IS two occurances of the same statement, not a duplicate paste.

Our system is in EST, and the block of code that these statements are part of the code that converts the specified time period into UTC format which is required for PF_READ_STAT_REC. When I run the FM manually, knowing that there are new transactions that should be captured, I don't see them. So, I ran the FM through the debugger and stumbled across the two above statements. The rist one makes since because it converts it to UTC I believe (I'm node a dedicated coder), but it seems that the second statement takes the new date/time value and converts it again, which essentially is the same as doubling the difference between local and standard time zone (ie. instead of 4 hours we actually end up doing 8 hours).

If I skip over the second statement in the debugger, I get the expected results. I realize that this is slightly different than the issue of the OS and SAP having different timezones, but it's kinda seems to be in the same neighborhood.

Anyone else encountered problems with this function module in the area of time/date calculations?

Thanks,

Clay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clay,

Wondering if you have idenfied solution for this. I'm running into the same issue with the FM /VIRSA/ZCC_GET_STATREC_DATA - timezone conversion, due to this some of the critical transactions missing in the output.

I even applied Ossnote: 1435605 but no change, I still see some missing crictial t-codes in the FM output and as well in RAR Alert monitor.

Thanks

Laks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

another report. We just upgraded our R/3 from 4.7 to ECC 6.0. GRC RAR came through without any effort. But we are noticing a time stamp issue in the transaction usage report too. we are EST in the USA. looks to be about a 22 hour difference. Server time is correct, but transactions are recorded in the future. Looking for an OSS note as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debbie,

This report only works if you have integrated ERM corectly with RAR. You need to provide information for web service URL in miscellaneous -> web service for transaction usage. If this is done correctly, follow OSS note # 1258452.

Regards,

Alpesh