cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fail messsages when timeout exception is thrown in BPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my BPM, if the time out exception is thrown in BPM, in SXMB_MONI, all the inbound messages' staus is 'processed sucessfully' ? How can I make the message fail? With a red flag or anything indicating exception?

In my design I used deadline branch to throw time out exception.And in the exception branch I used control step to cancel the process.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my design I used deadline branch to throw time out exception.And in the exception branch I used control step to cancel the process

If this is what you have designed then increasing the timeout using the above mentioned blogs doesn't seem to be logical:) (BPM will throw the error when the deadline is meet....can't understand how by increasing timeout will help you)....instead of increasing the timeout you can increase the time limit mentioned in the deadline branch itself to ensure that your message will be processed in that particular time limit.

Since you have reached the timeout it means that desired message processing has failed so better you raise an alert instead of going for a increase in timeout....increasing timeout decreases performance...

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply DIvya.

So the only way to monitor this kind of timeout exception is to send alert ?

Or is there any other way?

former_member307485
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes Brenda.

May be you can check these blog by Michal and increase the time out:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/08/xi-timeouts-timeouts-timeouts

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/17/bridging-the-sync-async-bridge-with-fork-xi

Regards,

Divya

former_member307485
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brenda,

I dont think this is possible.

Deadline in BPM will not shut down the sender communication channel, no matter what. It will mainly finish that particular program thread, but whenever a new message arrives, another instance will be created.

Regards,

DIvya