cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Key Invalid or Expired when installing Crystal 10 Runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I've inherited a webserver which had Crystal 10 Runtime files installed using a particular key.

I've since downloaded the runtime files from somewhere around here, and trying to install the runtime files on our new webserver, the license key no longer works. This is becoming a real issue for me

The lady in SAPs office has been as helpful as she can, but the licensing engineer has been too busy to help her, so I've not nothing useful from them. I don't care if I have to purchase something, I just need the runtime files for a webserver, preferably very XI.

Can anyone tell me what I'd need to purchase for this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys...

We have licenses for version 8, 9, 10 and XI, so I don't think this is the issue.

I'm trying to download the runtimes for XI now, but there only appears to be files available for XI R1, and I just tried my XI key with this to no avail.

I've gone over my XI CDs, and I can't find any runtime files in there either.

Any idea where I can find runtime files for version XI?

Cheers

Mathew

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is a link to all the Crystal runtimes:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/bobj/crystalReportsruntimeforVisualStudio.NET

0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

Is your version of XI Pro or Developer? Pro will not work with your app. If it is not an OEM keycode can you paste it here and we can check what it is you are using and what is enabled? As long as you have registered it no one else can register it. I'll delete it as soon as I see it.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI: Professional: edited out by jason

I'd rather get version XI runtimes working, but 10 would do. If you get get back to me on this one, that would be great.

Edited by: Jason Everly on Apr 14, 2009 8:26 AM

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue is you can not use a professional keycode to deploy runtime files. The Professional version is not licensed for development and did not come with runtime files. You will need to find a Developer keycode to deploy.

Edited by: Jason Everly on Apr 14, 2009 8:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Having same problem trying to install needed files on server for Web app support.

Trying to install CrystalReports10_NET_EmbededServerInstall.msi and tried Developer keycode without success. (Is this the wrong install?) I'm using Professional version which I understand will not work so got the Developer keycode from a fellow employee who's not using it. Does he need to register the code first? If so how's that done. Seems like registration within Visual Studio only registers VS.

Obviously confused. Can anyone spell this out for me?

Thanks in advance.

Neal

0 Kudos

Hi Neal,

Yes you are running the wrong installer. Check above for the correct one.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

Thanks for your reply. At https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/bobj/crystalReportsruntimeforVisualStudio.NET

I see CRRedist2005_x86.msm for version 10.2.3600.0.

I download this and try to open it but get an error message. Is this the right install? If so, anyone have a copy that opens?

Thanks again.

Neal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

Ok, found CRRedist2005_x86.msi and installed.

Do I need to stop/start IIS for this to take effect?

Thanks.

N

0 Kudos

Usual install recommended. Anything using Cr runtime should be stopped so the files are released from memory.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll take a little different spin on this than Shweta. As I understand it, you

1) have / had CR 10 runtime installed on the server

2) you'd prefer to install CR XI runtime now

3) you are reinstalling the CR (some unspecified version) of CR runtime on the server

Ideas:

As the runtime was CR 10, that is the only runtime you will be able to install. You can not install CR XI runtime using CR 10 keycode. To do that, you will have to purchase CR XI and thus get the keycode. Now, just installing CR XI runtime will do nothing for you, unless the app you are using has been recompiled using CR XI runtime. So, in a nut shell, you can only install the CR 10 runtime. However, you need to be very specific as to which version of CR it is we are dealing with; CR 10.0, CR 10.2, CR 10.5? Each is a different version, different keycodes, different runtime.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your Key code does not work:

You need create a customer message https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/message using component XX-SER-LIKEY-BOJ.

You can download runtimes from here:

[https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm]

Select your Product,version from dropdown.

Regards,

Shweta