cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exit Security Variables - Not locking data

cote_adams
Participant
0 Kudos

We have 2 user exit security variables, one off employee, and one off cost center, to restrict different roles from seeing data. Our lock settings in RSPLSE includes these objects, as well as fiscal year. The year is a user exit as well, returning a single value from TVARV. The year is working fine and creating locks, but employee and cost center exits are not creating lock entries at all. These are returning multiple values just fine to the selection. What am I missing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to use the variables in the filter of the query, not only in the default values. The selection to be used for locking comes from the filter of the query and from restricted key figures.

Regards,

Gregor

cote_adams
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. They were in the filter, but helped find another issue due to security that helped solve this, but still have another issue.

If someone with wide open access logs in, it will lock all the cost centers in this cube. They then have the ability to restrict to a different region or leader (attributes of cost center and employee). I am then passing this filter to the planning functions to only run functions on this selection. Is there a way to pass these values to the lock? i.e. lock a more restricted set of cost centers based on the costcenter_region selection?

Don't think this is possible with attributes, but would be very helpful.

Edited by: Cote Adams on Apr 8, 2009 5:33 PM

Answers (0)