cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personalize Customization

andjelka_radjen
Participant
0 Kudos

I have two different applications running on the same portal. One of the applications uses "Personalize" on the masthead as is and the other only wants 2 options from the menu to show. I removed the eu_role from the users who want a customized personalize list. I've read other forum discussions so based on those, I created my own version of the personlization workset and I've removed the options I don't want from this workset. Then I added the roles of the users I want to see this workset to the permissions of this workset. However, the option to PERSONALIZE shows up on the navigation bar rather than on the masthead area. I have made sure that that the workset has a merge id of portal_personalization. How do I get it to show up in the masthead. I am using EP6 SP14.

Thanks a lot!

Angie.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angie,

Go to Content Administration->Portal Content->Content provided by SAP->End User Content->Standard Portal users->Worksets->Portal Personalization

Copy this portal personalization workset to a folder and add it to the role which the user has. Make sure u make the entry point of workset to yes.The user with this role will be able to see the personalization link in the masthead iview.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pooja.

andjelka_radjen
Participant
0 Kudos

You refer to adding the "workset" to the "role". I can't do this -- or at least I can't find where you do this. I can only add the "role" to the "workset". Is that what you mean??? Thanks, Angie.

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Angie,

The standard, prototypical way to create navigation is to create iViews, then add these iViews to pages, add these pages to worksets, and add these worksets to roles. Then you assign the role to a user, who sees all the worksets/pages and iViews.

I don;t understand why you can;t add a workset to a role.

Daniel

andjelka_radjen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dan, Can you walk me through the navigation for adding a workset to role? Do I do this through "User Administration"? I guess I'm not sure where in the portal I am supposed to add a workset to a role. Thanks, Angie.

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Angie,

What version of portal are you using?

-

In the Portal catalog, you created a role (RoleA). Open the role for editing, and from the Portal Catalog right-click the workset to add, and select Add Workset to Role. This adds the workset to the role.

I'm not sure where you are stuck. Adding workset to a role is just like adding any portal object to a role, workset or page, and is the standard way for organizing content.

Daniel

andjelka_radjen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the info. I followed you directions and the the problem is that the Personalization is showing up in the navigation bar NOT in the Masthead next to HELP. Any ideas??? Just an fyi, I'm using the original SAP masthead with my own theme and framework.

Thanks

Angie.

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Angie,

And you have the workset as an entry point and the merge ID as PORTAL_PERSONALIZATION, all caps?

Daniel

andjelka_radjen
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, both are true.

The ENTRY POINT radio button is click on YES and the MERGE ID is: PORTAL_PERSONALIZATION

It appears that it's ignoring the MERGE ID. I think it's showing up in the navigation because of the ENTRY POINT is YES. There must be something else that I'm missing that triggers the personalize link to show up.

Thanks

Angie

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Angie,

And the workset the has mergeID as PORTAL_PERSONALIZATION is the topmost entry point (that is, it is not in a role or workset that is also set as an entry point)? And you refreshed the cache after you made the changes to the navigation hierarchy? And you refreshed the page?

Perhaps we should give it one more shot. Can you just sketch the role structure you created, and which was has the personalization iViews?

Daniel

andjelka_radjen
Participant
0 Kudos

See my last post.

andjelka_radjen
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andjelka_radjen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I think I figured it out.

1. First you have to copy the Personalize workset to your own development area (myPersonalize) within Content Administration/Portal Content. I did a straight copy, not a delta link. I removed the options I did not want.

2. Then I created a BRAND new role called: myUser_EU_ROLE

3. Then I add the myPersonalize workset to the myUser_EU_ROLE (right click on the workset with the myUser_EU_ROLE in the editing area).

4. Then I added the myUser_EU_ROLE to the group the users I wanted to have this customized personalization option via User Administration.

The Personalize appeared in the masthead. There is something related to the role I created that triggered it to be moved to the masthead. I'm still not sure what triggered it but it's working now.

Thanks

Angie.

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Angie,

To do what you want, you must do the following:

• Create workset with the pages for you custom personalization

• Under Naviagtion properties for the workset, set the entry point to Yes, and the merge ID to PORTAL_PERSONALIZATION.

• Add the workset to a role that you want to see the personalization

and, this is KEY:

• Clear the navigation cache (System Administration --> Navigation).

Hope this helps.

Daniel