cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC and Abs interfaces in MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

My scenario is HTTP-XI-RFC. I have done the request, response mapping (MM and IM). I need to send the errors from the rfc response to another BPM which handles errors. How do I map the RFC response to the abstract interface of BPM in interface mapping? when I select RFC in source interface and the abstract interface from BPM in target interface in IM, I couldnt select the message mapping between their message types. What is the solution for this?? Also, when I click on read interfaces, i see request in the bottom for selecting msg mapping...

plz suggest..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilothama,

Did you create MM with src = RFC response and target = MT of the Abstract MI used in the BPM?

If yes, to mention this MM in IM, click on the response tab page after clicking the 'read interfaces'

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

I did do the MM for resp to target MT. But my problem is in IM, when I select RFC as src interface and target as the abstract interface, I dont see the response tab at the bottom. Also I dont need any interface for the rfc right?..what couldbe the problem? I think the problem here is RFC - is synchronous and the abstract interface used in BPM is async...do I have to have BPM??

Message was edited by: Thilothama v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thilothama,

The target abstract interface needs to be synchronous interface, so that it can capacitate request and response. Did u make sure this?

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont have the target interface as sync...its a common BPM used across all the interfaces...So I guess I cannot do a non BPM process??? If I need a non BPM process, I shld be creating each MI for RFC request and response and use it asynchrnously with this error bpm...What do you think Praveen?

Message was edited by: Thilothama v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you list down the steps in ur BPM1 and BPM2 and the Messages that they cna process, so that I can suggest sth.

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is my scenario HTTP-XI-RFC-File. I get a HTTP request and I call an RFC. The RFC response is written to a file in a different xml format. Also, the error bpm is called to send the response in the form of email for failures.

Can we get RFC response and write to a file without using BPM??

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ur case, are u not sending any HTTP response?

Anyways, if you are writing the RFC response to a file system, that means that you have the RFC response in the form of a async MI. So you can easily pass this to ur error BPM, cant u?

Since your scenario involves RFC (sync) and File (async) you can not avoid BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sending any http response back. I want to write the RFC response to a file. My question is without BPM how does the process waits to get the response back from R3 and write to file asynchronously.?? I think I should use BPM...HAve someone did these kinds of interfaces without BPM?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are on the right track. The point to be noted is that RFC is synchronous, not the RFC response. So, its ok, if the BPM interface is abstract async.

Coming to the problem.. are you using a business service in this scenario or a business system?

In case you are using a business service, make sure, you have specified the sender and receiver interfaces in the window that appears, when you double click on your business service.

If we fail to specify these parameters, the message mappings wouldnt be displayed when creating an IM.

Regards,

Smitha