cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check/cheque for payment printing posting date on stub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to have the document date for outgoing payments print instead of the posting date (system variable 104).

I thought changing it to the taxdate as a database field would work, but for credit memos it does not, it prints an incorrect date.

My question is the same as:https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=24589549&messageID=7069969

But this thread was never answered...

Does anyone know how to fix this, or what the common solution is? We need the document date to print so vendors can quickly identify the date of the invoice, not the date we posted it.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The official answer for this is that the credit memo field is not available to the check/cheque print layout at this time.

I have tried many different little tricks but the closest I could get was to have the posting date for the credit memos and the document date for the invoices. I felt this was inconsistent and just kept using the system date.

The primary key for vendors is their reference number which is printed on the stub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm currently trying to solve the problem by entering the text of "Credit" in the date field and not printing the random date generated from B1, I think it uses the first AP Invoice Update date when a credit is encountered on the check stub row.

I believe the code will be something like;

If the Object is not equal to 18 then "Credit"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M. Jenkins,

From what I have tried, the credit memo is not exposed whatsoever, I used the document number to filter it so that it printed the posting date (system variable 104 is the only way to get the right posting date) for items that were below 20000 (which happened to be the ap invoice start point and cred memos were around 10000).

This seemed like one of the only ways to differentiate between invoices and credit memos. I didn't realize the object was available, but I have to try it again.

I do like the idea of the credit instead of the date, but at this point, I'm going to stick with the posting date (system variable 104) and use the vendor ref # as the primary key. We have not had any complaints so far.

It seems like the date comes from the system trying to match the credit memos document number to an AP invoice, and if it can't find it, it goes somewhere in the system and seems to pull a 2006 date, which is when my particular client started with the system. I have not narrowed down exactly where it comes from.

I asked SAP support and here is the 'official' answer they gave me...

Hi Mike

Thanks for the update. I thought the issue was related with the SAP Note

854752 but as far I understood what this is a different case.

The customer needs the Creation date and not the posting date of the source document not the check.

Unfortunatelly that field is not exposed to the Check templates. I saw that you got access to some tables (maybe via Alt key - which is not supported), but for the following table there is not link.

If the customer really needs that you can try to use Crystal Reports (available in the SAP Forums).

I am attaching the SAP Note 1028874 (Missing Functionality) that explain the process in cases like this.

Should you consider this issue as completed, I kindly ask you to confirm this message at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Paulo Calado

Senior Support Consultant

SAP Product Support for SAP Business

One

Maybe this will help, until then keep on trying, it's nice to see people pushing the limits.

Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Please try the following workaround:

- Add a User Defined Field under Payment->Paid Documents

- Link a formatted search to the UDF that will display the document date from the Invoice or Credit Memo

- After that we will be able to add this field to the print layout the print layout of the check.

Regards,

Paul