Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Classic" desktop keyboard - decimal point behaving like a comma

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible for the SAP GUI to interpret the '.' (dot) character as a ',' (comma), when the key that is pressed is the one located on the numeric keyboard of a classic desktop keyboard (numeric keyboard on the right)?

This requirement is basically the same behaviour of Excel, for instance - if in your Windows settings the decimal separator is a comma when you press the dot of the numeric keyboard the character that appears in Excel is the comma. This functionality is heavily appreciated by end users that type massive quantities of numbers with decimal digits every day.

If this is possible with other solution than the SAP GUI please let me know as well.

Thank you

Joã

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Not necessary anymore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem you got, and I can't find the right solution! Could you tell me how you solved the problem?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Enrico

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Enrico,

I solved the problem with a keyboard mapping program. You can find it here:

http://www.autohotkey.com/

With this program I was able to map the key that I wanted.

Regards,

Joao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tanks Joao,

but I can't install an external SW like AutoHotKey because of nature of the web application I created. Infact, my problem is not just the same of yours...... I mean that I created a WebDynpro Java Application wich is to be used by a large number of users, and I can't install an external software.... sorry...... Now I read that your problem was about SAP GUI environment and not WD Java application..........

Do you have an other Idea?!

Thank's..

Enrico

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Enrico,

I never used Web Dynpros in SAP, but I suppose you can use Javascript in the HTML code generated by SAP (guessing...). Do you know if Javascript has any technique to intercept the codes of the keys pressed? An event like "On key press" would help you to intercept the "Dot" key of numeric keypad and turn it into a comma.

This is just a clue, you will have to investigate yourself, it's the best I can do.

Regards,

Joao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tank's Joao,

thank you for yuor advise...... I'll try to do something like you told me.....

Best regard,

Enrico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joao,

Could you share the script you have written in the autohotkey application to map from dot to comma ?

Thanks.

Anne.

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anne,

I used the application a long time go - I do not longer have the file. Sorry

Regards,

João

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you anyway for replying.