cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict choice of substitute to same level or higher

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to find a way to restrict the choice of substitute to same the same level or higher. For example an Approver that is level 6 should not be able to assign another employee that is level 7 or lower as a Substitute.

This seems like a change that many people would desire, but I can not find anything (advice) suitable that we can use.

I would really appreciate some help with this.

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you are creating the "Inbox Substitution" from portal.

Goto SE80 - Select Function Group - and give BW02. In that you have screens - go to 1382 screen.

Double click on Module 1328_handle_action.

Double click on Perform 1328_Handle_Substitution.

Double click on Perform d1328_find_deputies.

This is the sap standard code which gives list of users based on the search criteria when we create substitution in portal.

gt_deputies is the standard internal table which stores the user list.

Use "Enhancement Operations" and create a custom code to delete the users from gt_deputies who are having less than the approval limit or approval level (the approval limit or level has to be determined based on your requirement) of the user who is trying to create the substitute.

So the final gt_deputies table will have only the users who are having approval limit more than the user who is creating the substitute.

Hope this gives you some information.

Regards,

PR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

Can you just explain what 'Enhancement Operations' are. Our ABAPer is interested in your reply, but does not know what this means.

Thanks in advance,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me know how do i send the screenshots of what i wanted to explain ...

Regards,

PR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

Since your mention of 'Enhancement Operations' I've been trying to read up on it (in forums). But, my question is: Is 'Enhancement Operations' available with SAP_BASIS release 640 (SRM 4)?

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

send me message which you can find in my business card.. i will send you the screenshots of how it can be done...

Regards,

PR.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The substitute process works based on the table HRUS_D2 entries maintained.

Using the funcation module RH_UPDATE_SUBST_LIST_SERVER can place a entrys in substitue table.

Hope it could be helpful.

Thanks

prasads.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, but we are not trying to add to the substitutes table, we are trying to stop Approvers from delegating this responsibility to people that are a lower level than themselves (lower level is actually a higher level number).

John