cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog ABAP+Java instance fails to go to green (stays yellow)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ECC 6.0 SPS 13 (NW 17)

Win 2003

SQL 2005 (latest patch)

Using System Copy SR3

After performing a Hom system copy (from PRD) of my QAS system, the Java "component" of the dialog instance attached to the central instance fails to start. The central instance's java component loads just fine, but I get the following error in the jvm.bootstrap file of the DI.

Bootstrap MODE:

<INSTANCE GLOBALS>

determined by parameter [ID0328058].

-

Exception occurred:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database initialization failed! Check database properties!

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:476)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.<init>(Bootstrap.java:146)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:971)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

-

==[ Caused by: ]==----

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while connecting to DB.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:364)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.<init>(DBConnectionPool.java:129)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceHandler.<init>(PersistenceHandler.java:38)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.<init>(ConfigurationCache.java:149)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.init(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:236)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.<init>(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:49)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.<init>(Synchronizer.java:74)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:473)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.<init>(Bootstrap.java:146)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:971)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

Caused by: com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Could not load class com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.

at com.sap.sql.log.Syslog.createAndLogOpenSQLException(Syslog.java:106)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(NativeConnectionFactory.java:143)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.createPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:608)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:285)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:306)

... 14 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

at com.sap.engine.offline.FileClassLoader.findClass(FileClassLoader.java:691)

at com.sap.engine.offline.FileClassLoader.loadClass(FileClassLoader.java:600)

at com.sap.engine.offline.FileClassLoader.loadClass(FileClassLoader.java:578)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(NativeConnectionFactory.java:134)

... 17 more

[Bootstrap module]> Problem occurred while performing synchronization.

Any thoughts on what I can do (without having to re-install the dialog instance) to fix this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope this helps you, my Basis team came up with the same problem. It is because of the JDBC driver that SR3 uses seems to be wrong. This is a slightly subtle problem and it took me a while to find.

- Open configtool

- Go to instance --> dispatcher --> Configuration Manager --> Local Properties --> rdbms.driverLocation

- Change it to C:\usr\sap\SMB\DVEBMGS00\exe\mssjdbc\sqljdbc.jar (or similar)

- Go to instance > server> Configuration Manager --> Local Properties --> rdbms.driverLocation

- Change it to C:\usr\sap\SMB\DVEBMGS00\exe\mssjdbc\sqljdbc.jar (or similar)

On my system it was set to C:\usr\sap\SMB\DVEBMGS00\exe\mssjdbc\base.jar;C:\usr\sap\SMB\DVEBMGS00\exe\mssjdbc\util.jar;C:\usr\sap\SMB\DVEBMGS00\exe\mssjdbc\sqlserver.jar;C:\usr\sap\SMB\DVEBMGS00\exe\mssjdbc\spy.jar which is the old school SQL Server driver.

Once you have changed these settings, save, exit configtool and restart the whole cluster. It will then start.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I had a simular problem after a yearly system copy of a ABAP+JAVA stack system.

After the import, a new kernel was placed. The instances started.

Replacing the kernel with a newer one, the java instance could not start.

The problem here was that the file sqljdbc.jar was missing from the directory <Drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\exe\mssjdbc\

Hopefully this helps somebody.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check this Note 551915

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ended up trying to reinstall the dialog instance (after completely uninstalling it), and it's still not working. The ABAP portion of sapinst runs fine, but when it gets to the J2EE Configuration/Installation, I get the following error:

from the batchconfig.log

Can not get DB connection. Batchconfig will only be able to execute offline tasks.

To recap, what I'm trying to do is reinstate the J2EE portion of a dialog instance following a system copy (ABAP+Java) of the central instance.

Thanks for any help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Please check if OSS note 927561 helps to solve your issue.

Regards

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

UPDATE:

This problem hasn't been solved yet (after looking through those notes), but it appears to be something that's going on when performing a system copy using NW7.0 SR3.

When I used SR1 to perform the system copy and then added a dialog instance (using SR1 or SR3), the dialog instance installed correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check Note 997510 - Troubleshooting J2EE Engine 6.40/7.0 Bootstrap Issues

Thank you,

Shyam