cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of MDM Adapter For PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I deployed MDM Adapter (MDMADAPTER01_5-10005240.SCA ) in PI 7.1 Server through JSPM and the deployment has been completed successfully. But when i tried to create a communication channel, i am not able to see the MDM Adapter in the Adapter type selection box, so i am struck in this step and not able to proceed further.

Please let me know, is there any stpes to be performed after deploying the MDM Adapter in PI.

Regards,

Ranjith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you check whether Adapter metadata is imported in IR for MDM adapter.. Under Basis Software component. If not, deploy it again.

Regards,

Sreenivas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group" SAP NetWeaver" SAP MDM" SAP NETWEAVER MDM 7.1" Entry by Component

-> JAVA API

-> PI Adapter for NW 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

Can you give me some information about MDM adapter which you have deployed? Is it a custom developed adapter or a Third party adapter?

Thanks and Regards

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

This Adapter is released by SAP MDM, which enables direct communication between MDM and PI. You can find more useful information in https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001827872008E.

Regards,

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ranjith, its very helpfull.

Regards

Uma

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to import the following content in ESR. XI CONTENT MDM ADAPTER 7.1. You may download it from service.sap.com

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I saw in ESR, there is no MDM adapter available in SAP BASIS 7.1 under Adapter Metadata. And there is MDM Adapter 7.1 available in SMP, when i click on SAP MDM, it is giving "no data available".

Please let me know how to import Adapter Metadata of type MDM adapter.

Regards,

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

....And there is MDM Adapter 7.1 available in SMP, when i click on SAP MDM, it is giving "no data available".....

Usually, this is caused by the S-number that you used to login to SMP, does not have authorization to view the data..

By the way, coud you please tell me the path ?

Thanks and regards,

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Not under SAP BAsis 7.10, check on the same level for MDM Adapter - > MDM Adapter 7.1 7.1 (SWC) level. and check if it is there. if it is there then it should come into CC list. if not, download it as suggested by Prateek.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am checking in the below mentioned path in SMP, but no PI content for MDM is available.

Support Packages and Patches --> Entry by Application Group --> SAP Content --> ESR Content (XI Content

Regards,

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I consulted SAP for this issue, they said the XI content for MDM Adapter is in ramup stage and it'll be released in Q2 2009.

Thank you all of them for your suggestions.

Regards,

Ranjith