cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live cache data deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are facing one strange problem with our Live cache.

We have DP data in Livecache. due to some reasons planning results are corrupted.

So we have deleted time series for DP planning area and recreated time series.

Here what we found is even after deletion and recreation of time series for planning area still

the key figure data exists in live cache and can see in interactive planning book.

Can some one please give some hints what went wrong.

Any other Live cache related programs or jobs need to run to get rid of the problem?.

Regards

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the wierdest thing I have heard....Anyways try and do the following:

1). Run a consistency check for time series with teh REPAIR option. Do it for all PLANNING VERSIONS

2). Run a consistency check for t5he MPOS also to delete duplicate/corrupt CVCs.

3).Ensure the KF semantic is not "InfoCube" (I know you ahve already checked its time series)

4). Try running a live cache consistency check through /sapapo/om17. Do it for all versions.

Thats all that comes to my mind.

Please do let us know how you fixed this ..that ios when you fix it.

Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure your key figure is time series vs infocube data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is time series

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what type of data you are having? may be you can try to write a macro which zero out the values in the key figure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

It is DP time series data. we have defined a maro to zero out key figure values.

while executing macro values are becoming zero and upon saving again old values are shown

in the planning book.

Regards

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

what has been done/used to "delete time series" data ? Are you using "Aggregates" ?

Typically you can use the following to delete data in LiveCache (in DP Planning Area):

/SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_DE_INITIALIZE

one level deeper you can even drop all CVCs in your DP PlanningArea using:

/SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONTENT_DEL --> removing all CVCs of the PlanningArea will lead to a loss of the link between TimeSeries and PLOBs ... meaning TimeSeries data should be clean afterwards)

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

We are not using any Aggregates.

I ran both the programs /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_DE_INITIALIZE & /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONTENT_DEL and checked. still data exists in live cache.

Please let me know any other things i need to do.

Regards,

Krish

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krish ,

Check if any default macros are associated with your planning book. Since you say that even after deleting live cache data, you are able to see the same data in planning book , one possibility could be that the key figure values are getting calculated again through default macros.

check your macros and update us.

Thanks

Saradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saradha,

Thanks for your response.

It is very good assumption and initially we too felt that the default macros might causing the problem.

So we deleted all default macros for planning book (for all data views) and re ran time series and CVC deletion programs.

In spite of running those steps still data exists in Live cache.

Any other clues please.

Regards,

Krish

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish ,

Try doing consistency check for the planning area with repair option. It will remove inconsistencies if any.

Thanks

Saradha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONTENT_DEL correctly (you have selected the correct PLOB behind your DP PlanningArea) you should not be able to even load any data into a Planning Book of the Planning Area since this program removes all CVCs in your POS. This again means, all CVC are deleted and any initialized time series data are disconnected in LiveCache --> no CVC can be selected in the shuffler - I wonder why you say you can still "see data in live cache".

If you have used /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONTENT_DEL - check afterwards in transaction /SAPAPO/MC62 that your POS/PLOB rreally has 0 CVCs left.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

You are right. after running /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONTENT_DEL all CVCs for the POS are deleted

and there are 0 CVC left.

but again i have Generated CVCs from Infocube (possibly same old combinations are generated since the infocube is same).

Now i have initialized planning area and then accessed the selection id in interactive planning.

Surprisingly still i can see key figure values in planning book.

Here are steps what i did:

1. Deleted time series for PA (de initialization)

2. Deleted CVCs from POS

3.Deactivated POS and reactivated POS

4.Generated CVCs again from Infocube

5.Created time series for PA (re initialize)

6.Loaded selection id in interactive PB.

7.Still i can see key figure data for loaded CVCs.

Some how the data is not getting cleaned in livecache inspite of doing above steps.

data might be stored superfluously in live cache.

I want to know any additional reports are available to get rid of these kind of issues.

Regards,