cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install an additional application server with SAP PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem with an installation of an additional application server of SAP PI 7.1.

The problem is that when I installed a new application server (a dialog instance) of PI and I put online it, it modify all entry into SLD, owerwriting entry of a central istance!

All adapter go in error,because all entry in CIM information are modified with the information of the additional application server that must be offline for now!

Now I modify all information manually and the problem is solved, but my question is:

why I find this problem?

It is not normally that the entry was overwritten!

thank you for any help

David.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm also experiencing the same and can't find any documentation. Please help if you have a solution.

Thanks and regards,

Marianne.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Go to

CIM Instances -> Class: XI Adapter Framework -> Select the entry of

Adapter Engine on SID-> Go to Associations tab -> In the entry with

Associated Instance CacheRefresh of af.SID, click on link "CacheRefresh

of af.SID" -> Go to Associations tab -> In the entry with Associated

Instance Port for CacheRefresh, click on the link "Port for

CacheRefresh" -> Go to Properties tab -> Check the value of property URL

Please mention value of this URL in reply.

Check if it points to original server system. You should check all the entries of this type, you'll find several entries to change.

cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fernando, thanks for your reply, currently everything is fixed again.

I do still have a question about how to configure the parameters for the AS server so this error won't re-occur.

Does anybody know where to find documentation for configuring AS-server for PI 71?

Thanks a lot.

Marianne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Davide,

I have the same problem. How did you solve it?

Which entries have you corrected in CIM Model and have you configured correctly the application instance?

cheers,

Fernando Figueiredo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Please be ensure that additional application server should be installed on another machine not the same machine of where CI are running!

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

It is not mandatory for an application server to be on a separate machine. If the box has enough resources (CPU, memory, disk, etc.) then the only requirement is that the applicaiton server must have a different system number than any other SAP system installed on the box (as Michael is saying).

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please check if the inst numbers for the CI (primary application server instance) and the dialog instances are the same? Or are they located on the same server?

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Davide,

Why you need Dialog instance for PI . PI used to only by administrators.

SAP PI Server is Interface for other server,

Thanks

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

for increase performance, as suggest by SAP.