Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC -> XI -> Mail scenario special characters

Alfredo_Lagunar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm developing the mentioned scenario and have one problem.

In my scenario I have one transformation RFC -> XML that uses graphical mapping one second transformation XML -> Mail package that is a java mapping where I take one of the fields of the XML, and pack all XML in the Content field.

The process works, but when in the XML I have one text data and it has one special character(in spanish á, é, í, ñ...), the payload and the mail that is sent reflects those characters as ��. For example if the data is 'dirección', in the mail sent appears 'direcci��n'

Best Regards.

Alfredo Lagunar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Alfredo_Lagunar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the solution. Only a ABAP mapping required.

Best Regards,

Alfredo Lagunar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hola Alfredo,

In deed you have a character encoding mismatch.

The encoding the browser is expecting and the encoding of your mail message must match or you will see those strange characters instead of á, é, etc.

So you either change your browser's default encoding (Internet explorer: view->character encoding) or you indicate in the Mail package the type of content and the encoding you are using so your browser or email program knows what is the correct encoding.

You see the error in SXMB_MONI because it uses embedded browser windows to display the XML messages.

To fix it you have to put the following string: "text/html; charset=utf-8"

into the field Content_Type of the Mail package in the message mapping you use to generate the email.

If you are using XIALL in message protocol instead of Mail package (XIPAYLOAD) you have to add the message transform bean (MTB) to the Mail adapter modules. Using the MTB add the Transform.ContentType parameter with the same string as above.

You can see how to configure the MTB in the sap online documentation: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/57/0b2c4142aef623e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Hope it helps...

Saludos!

-Sam.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The text is encoded in UTF-8.

Change the settings in the mail client to this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the encoding and charset used for this by default it is UTF-8 change it to ISO-8859-1 encoding or if you have specific charset set the same in the contentencoding element of mail message type

Rajesh

Alfredo_Lagunar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

thanks for your response, but I don´t know where I must to change the charset. Can you give me some light?

Thanks.

Alfredo Lagunar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in your mail package if you are using default mail message type in java then need to set at contentencoding element

Rajesh

Alfredo_Lagunar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

but in SXMB_MONI, my XML in Mail package format has the error. If I configure the adapter, I think the message will be erroneous.

Best Regards,

Alfredo Lagunar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

post the data of mail package you have and you can set the charset there for handling those spanish characters

Rajesh