cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costing Variant and CO Version (Network)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are maintinting all our activity type rate in version 1 with P rate.

Then the Costing variant for Netowrk for plan and actual has been pointed to version 1 in valuation variant section.

Netowork and activity planned cost worked perfectly based on version 1 rate

When we try to post a time entry or KB21N, system is loking for a record of activity type and cost center (KP26) in version 0. Then we just created a record of activity type and cost center (KP26)

in version 0 with zero rate and able to post time and KB21N.

Also we noticed that system taking the rate creted in version 1.

May I know why system is looking for a record in version 0 eventhough it's taking the rate from version 1?

Thanks

pscosnutant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Version 0 is always meant for plan and actuals. What settings have you done for Version 1, is it meant for Actual (it should not be ideally) ?

Chk you Version settings

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang

As I mentioned we have the M rate in Version 0 and using version 1 with P rate for all planning activity type too.

Then I am pointing the version 1 in network costing variant PS02 (plan) and PS03 (actual).

System is taking the rate defined in version 1, but seems like the same activity type and cost center should have a record atleast with a zero rate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you should not use Version 1 in PS03 (in valuation variant), as PS03 is actual costing variant. Pls see SAP help

Dependencies

Version 0 must always exist. In version 0, the Planning and Actual indicators must be activated.

In version 1, the Actual indicator cannot be active.

So when you are trying to do KB21N you are posting actuals. The actuals are posted in Version 0 as mentioned above. I think this is the conflict happening.

Can I know the business requirement ? Why dont you maintain different Activity types (for diff rates) for Cctr?

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

The reason for maintaining the version 1 in PS03 is to avoid keeping the activity type rate in version 0 too.

Yes, I do maintain Version 0 with Planning and Actual indicators . version 1, the Actual indicator is not active too.

What you mean by maintain different Activity types (for diff rates) for Cctr?. The reason for all this to keep M rates for CO version 0 for the results analysis issue

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In general, SAP regards plan version as what it says: Plan versions. They are not expected to be posted to. However, SAP might take plan values/parameters from the plan version you are referring to in each separat transaction/process /Bengt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bengt,

Please see my earlier reply to Viswa,

Edited by: psconsultant on Apr 14, 2009 10:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your process, you need to maintain KP26 (for the same CC - AT) for both version 0 & 1

For version 0 plan & actual postings (timesheet or finance) ,it will take version 0 price

For version 1 plan postings ,it will take version 1 price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viswa,

Thanks for your time. In reality, I don't want to keep the CC/AT rates in both version. I want to keep the rates in version 1 with P rates as I have version 0 with M rates.

Since my valuation variant in costing variant is pointing towards Version 1, system takes the version 1 rates, eventhough I maintain a 0 or 0.01 rate in version 0. System just look for a cobination of CC/AT in version 0.. no idea why?

So your comment is invalid.

-

In your process, you need to maintain KP26 (for the same CC - AT) for both version 0 & 1

For version 0 plan & actual postings (timesheet or finance) ,it will take version 0 price

For version 1 plan postings ,it will take version 1 price

Edited by: psconsultant on Apr 14, 2009 10:33 PM