cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characeristic value (from mat. master) defaulted in the batch Issue *Help**

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have an issue related to classification values maintained in the material master against the bacth classification.

Let's say in the material master, in the classification tab, class type 023, I maintained values for characteristics (Example : Production version, width, drawing no, etc.)

My thought was that every time a batch number is created for this material, the values assigned in the material master in classification tab (for class type 023) would be defaulted in the batch.

But this is not the case.

However I can onfirm that, in batch editing mode, the user can choose the value assigned in the material master as value choice. My customer wants to avoid this manual method because it's not appropriate if in the midterm we want figure out the use of production order mass creation.

Please help me to find a way

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you could do is create the characteristic and already the value in there. Assign the characteristic to the class and add the class to the material. You will then see the value in the classification view of the material. Whenever you do GR and create a batch, you will see the value specified in the characteristic defaulted in the batch itself.

However, in case you already have used the class, it might be tricky. You might need to do a conversion.

MdZ

Edited by: MdZ on Apr 7, 2009 5:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply,

I tried this one, but the only problem is by assigning the value in the charactristic (CT04) by default, all materials with this characteristic assigned in the classification, will have the same value.

I do not want that my material A and B have the value "Revision 1" in production version characteristic.

Because the value can be different.

Do you have any option ?

Help would be appreciated

Answers (0)