cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How SAP determine the Item Number of Reservation for Production Order???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Experts!

In our SAP system ,when create production order with CO01, in the Production Order

Display:Component Overview, there will be the BOM component for the material which to be

produced by this production order.

And all these BOM components are sorted according to "Item Number of Reservation/Dependent

Requirement" field.This means when create a production order , a corresponding reservation

will be automaticly generated,and all these BOM coompnents has its item number in the

reservation. If one component item number is 1 in the reservation,then the material will be

the first one in the Production Order Display:Component Overview.

But I don't really konw the system logic about reservation against the production order,that

how the item number in the reservation generated for BOM component?

How the SAP system determine the item number in reservation against the production order for

the BOM component??

Thanks for any reply!

Edited by: Fei Liu on Apr 7, 2009 5:00 PM

Edited by: Fei Liu on Apr 7, 2009 5:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

System create the reservation according to the BOM and requirement date of component occured during scheduling. So it happend in background through programming logic.

After MRP run, based on the demand Planned order will be created and for the BOM components system will create dependent requirement if stock is available. If stock is not available system creates a planned order or a purchase requistation. Once the planned order of the Header material is converted into a production order , then system converts the dependent requirement into reservations.

During order creation, SAP will automatically creates reservations for the components that are kept in stock.

The reservations are assigned a movement type for the material issue with transaction OPKA

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks R Brahmankar very much!

As SAP create the reservation according to the BOM and requirement date of component occured during scheduling. It happend in background through programming logic.

I aslo want to know the details about the background programming logic .

I want to know when creating a production order,with automatically creating reservations for the components that are kept in stock, how the system determine the item number in reservation for all the components??

Thant for example ,when one component Item Number is 1 in the BOM, then in the reservation its "Item Number of Reservation/Dependent Requirement" is 1 too? Or if one component requirement date is earlier,then in the reservation its "Item Number of Reservation/Dependent Requirement" is smaller?

Is it right? What the system logic?

Hope and thanks for any reply!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the components page of the production order, if you scroll to the right, you should find a column called Item the sequence of reservation number is same as per this column i.e. if the value in this column is 1, then the reservation item nos. is 1 as well, if it is 100, then the reservation item nos. is 100 as well & so on. Thus the reservation item nos. depends on the value in Item Nos. column & not on the requirement date or qty.

You can test the same at your end in sandbox, you can manually add some components to different operations, where the need date is different & you see the results.

Hope the above answers your query.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Vivek

Thank you very much!

In fact, I know in the components page of the production order, there is a column called Item the sequence of reservation number is same as per this column i.e. if the value in this column is 1, then the reservation item nos. is 1 as well.

But I really want to know the system logic about the column "Item"?

That how sap determine the "Item" value for every BOM component?

It seems the "Item" value are not equal to the "BOM Item Number" for one BOM component?

What is the system logic about the the "Item" value??

That means I want to know how the SAP convert the original BOM (CS03 show) to components page of the production order (CO03 show)?

Thanks for any reply!

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

When you create the production order system copy the BOM and against that BOM components system create the reservation you can see reservation number in the Production Order GR tabe. Go to Tcode MB23 and enter the Reservation number which you see in Production Order then system will desplay all reserved Bom items and there stock Logic:- Reservations are created automatically by the system while creating or re;easing the order.

Check the RESB table in SE16. Select PLNUM field(plan order)as user field for selection.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is to Vivek Seelin or anyone else who can help me...

I was wondering if you know the hierarchy of the "item" column.  For example: in my "item" column I see 1-127, which I understand, what confuses me is when I see 022C, 022H, 040E, 040J, A001-A006, A019, A999.  Does anyone know what this means?

Best Regards,

Sergio Dane luna III

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member

Can you let us know which field you refer to? If possible upload a screenshot.

If you refer to column 'Item' i.e. RESBD-RSPOS in the order, then system cannot store characters in that field. So I believe you're referring to another field.