Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales with third-party manufacturer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I need your help with the following sales scenario:

My company produces product A.

Product B can be manufactured applying minor changes in product A. However, my company doesn't have the machinery to do these changes. They need to be done by a partner.

The sales process begins with the customer requesting product B to my company. As we can't manufacture product B, we send the product A to our partner in order to manufacture product B. The partner charges us for the service and then sends the product B to the customer. An important point here is that the product B won't be sent back to my company, but it will be sent directly to the customer. In the last step, we send the invoice to the customer.

Is there a similar standard scenario I could use as a model?

Regards,

Melgado

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi gurus,

>

> I need your help with the following sales scenario:

>

> My company produces product A.

> Product B can be manufactured applying minor changes in product A. However, my company doesn't have the machinery to do these changes. They need to be done by a partner.

>

> The sales process begins with the customer requesting product B to my company. As we can't manufacture product B, we send the product A to our partner in order to manufacture product B. The partner charges us for the service and then sends the product B to the customer. An important point here is that the product B won't be sent back to my company, but it will be sent directly to the customer. In the last step, we send the invoice to the customer.

>

> Is there a similar standard scenario I could use as a model?

>

> Regards,

>

> Melgado

Hello

This seems to me the combination of the standard inter-company and 3rd party sales models where you partner is acting as supplier(of the customer in 3rd party)

1. Inter-company relationship between your company and your company's partner

2. 3rd party relationship between your company , partner and the customer..

Thanks