cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to scrap the negative quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our requirement is to scrap a material quantity for a plant. But that material has a negative quantity.

Please let me know how to scrap negative quantity.

Thanks & Regards

Shilpi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First question is at the balance sheet key date also the qty negative ?

If your answer is yes............you cannot do this.as then there is some problem in your config settings as it is not allowed inSAP.

Scrapping is a loss to company and that too for negative stocks ...........not possible.

Scenario is not clear to me.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur

Thanks for your response.

Actually we received a request from our client to scrap the entire inventory balance for a plant.

But for one of the material quantity is negative in MMBE. I checked in MM03 the quqntity & value both are negative.

I would like to know how can i make this quantity & value as zero

Thanks & regards

Shilpi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi,

You do the tranfer posting from one storage location to other storage location in which the stock is negative if in other storage location of that plant material is there and make the quantity zero.

Negative stock is there because a GI is done with out the GR.

Check in the other storage location of the plant whether this material is there or not ?

After making a quantiy zero you do not have to scrap the quantity.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

But this material is available in only one storage location

Regards

Shilpi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In which period the stock is negative. If it is in current period, then do physical inventory for that material and increase the quantity and make it positive and do it scrap. If it is in earlier period, then you have to consult your peoples to post in that period.

or

If you have stocks in anyother sloc..then move that to the sloc where the quantity is in negative..then u can scrap...

regards,

prasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi,

One work around is possible if you have authorisation to create the storage location for the plant.

Create one new storage location for the plant and do the initial entry of the stock balances by the movement type 561 for the negative qty in that storage location.

Than do the tranfer posting of that material from the newly created one to the one in which there is negative qty.

After transfer posting delete the newly created storage location.

Your purpse will be resolved.

Regards

Ankur