Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Creation for FSCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a developer/functional person who continually requests FI/FSCM transactions such as OBXI. Since he is supposed to be authorized for everything except HR transactions, I initially copied all of the SAP standard menu to this role and removed HR (thinking that this included all but HR and Z transactions). However, all of the transactions that he asks for donu2019t exist in any previous roles, SAP roles, or the SAP menu but the transactions definitely exist.

My question: how, or where, is it possible to have all of these transactions that donu2019t exist in any SAP roles, the SAP menu, or SUIM? I would like to add all of these FI transactions in one transport.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

isn't OBXI a config transaction and is only accessible menuwise via SPRO?

Not all transactions are available in the SAP standard menu. There are many transactions that only are bound to report and or configuration activites that does not fit into the standard menu.

Config activities are included into SAP roles by ranges. in this case most likely OB*.

Regards Fredrik

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you copy the SAP standard roles for FI?

You can do a search on SAP_FI* and find the various roles that SAP has delivered for FI. You can copy from and create your own role.

But, it is always best to have the view of your functional consultant when designing these roles.

Regards,

Subbu

0 Kudos

I would do so but the transactions in question are not contained in any SAP standard roles. OBXI is the last example he asked for and when you enter this in SUIM, under Roles executable by transaction, it does not return any SAP standard roles.

0 Kudos

> Since he is supposed to be authorized for everything except HR transactions

If he is a developer and really authorized for everything except some HR transactions, then I find it remarkable that he is requesting access.

If he is not authorized to start the HR transactions, then what does he need them for?

Rather protect the HR data, if that is the concern, which goes way beyond transactions...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

In This case it is better to create a role with customizing authorizations for FI. You can ask your FI consultant to create a FI project in IMG which would have all the menu paths for customizing for Financial accounting and then you can create a role with customizing authorizations using Utilities -> Customizing Auth. and then add the project.

Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP standard way would be to consult the functional consultants ans design the roles accordingly.

There are other non recommended ways of adding the transactions depending upon the application areas i.e using sap standard menu from pfcg menu tab or by adding SAP_* standard roles delivered by SAP

Rakesh

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

isn't OBXI a config transaction and is only accessible menuwise via SPRO?

Not all transactions are available in the SAP standard menu. There are many transactions that only are bound to report and or configuration activites that does not fit into the standard menu.

Config activities are included into SAP roles by ranges. in this case most likely OB*.

Regards Fredrik