cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization problem MI-2.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am using MI 2.5 with SP 22. While synchronizing with MI server I am getting the following error.

Synchronization Log

u2022 Synchronization started

u2022 Connection set up (without proxy) to: http://221.135.121.4:50000/meSync/servlet/meSync?~sysid=EDM&;

u2022 Connection to server failed.

u2022 Synchronisation problems: Transport-layer (http) sync exception raised (root cause: Exception while synchronizing (java.io.IOException: Not in GZIP format))

Please let me know if anybody is having a solution for this error.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanoosh,

It might be simpler than you thought. What is maybe happening here is you are trying to sync to the j2ee http port while the server is configured for ABAP sync - port 8000 is default for ABAP sync. Though you can access the j2ee functions using your j2ee port, you should sync the Mobile client to the port /service which is configured for sync.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Veera,

In my MI server, the port configured for sync is j2ee port and I am synchronizing into the same port from MI client.

Regards,

Sanoosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanoosh,

Is this a one off issue? That is do you have clients working without any problems?

Can you relatively change the following URL to reflect your server details and Check in your Internet Explorer?

http://<Server>:<Port>/meSync/servlet/meSync?sysid=<SystemID>&login=<Username>&password=<Password>&client=<Client>&language=<Language>&acknowledge=X&~test=true&

If the test was successful, the browser displays a message containing a time that, for

example, looks like:

&WAF_SYNC&STATUS=&Execution Time =103129& HeaderType =

MEREPLICATION &MORE_PACKAGES_WAITING = &

If the test fails, the system generates an error message.

This is part of the configuration step - Creating property files

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Veera,

I have already prepared and tested this link in ie.

Got a screen with message

&WAF_SYNC&STATUS=&Execution Time= & HeaderType = MEREPLICATION &MORE_PACKAGES_WAITING = &

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanoosh,

Thats strange. Also as mentioned by you

I have put an additional parameter in the ' MobileEngine.config ' file.

MobileEngine.Datacompression.Gzip = true.

The above would not have any effect whatsoever since the default mode is active/true. Try setting it to false and synchronize.

You have not answered whether this is an one off issue or is happening for all MI clients you have tried to sync, please do answer about the same.

Also set the trace level to "Info" in MI Client and also clear/delete the old trace data before syncing.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Veera,

Thank you for your support.

This is not a one off issue and is happening for all the clients. Previously the synchronization was working very well. Recently we took copy of the production server and made a new quality server. Now I am getting the specified error while synchronizing with the new quality server. Synchronization with production server is still working fine.

Thanks & regards,

Sanoosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanoosh,

Have you tried restarting your quality server? (I mean full restart not a separate stack or just instance)

If restarting your server is a constraint try to restart (or stop-start) this following service servlet_jsp in your server. To do the same, logon to NWA->Administration->Systems->Your Quality system->Instance. After clicking on the instance, you get a table at the bottom of the window. In that, click services, navigate to servlet_jsp, stop and then start it. Try synchronizing after that.

Also, you have the same SP level + notes in both QA and PRD right?

Regards,

Veera

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Veera,

The issue got resolved on the day of last thread itself. It was due to the version mismatch of SP in the newly made QA. Actually instead of a complete system copy for making the new QA server they have made a client copy. So the SP remained the old one. I could able to sync to the new QA when the SP version was updated to the latest one.

Thank you very much for your support.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Please check whether the HTTP port is open or not.(try to ping the server).

2) Please try installing MI client with same version and service pack, as the server setup currently being used (MI 2.5 SP 22) . Ideally the SAP MI server and client versions should be same because there might be some difference in framework files due to different versions.

3) Please try to run the client set up on the local machine instead of the PDA and then synchronize it, if it works out it will rule out the possibility of configuration errors on MI server.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit,

The port is open and I am able to ping to the server.

I am getting the same error even while synchronizing in the local system. The version and SP is also same in the client and server.

I have put an additional parameter in the ' MobileEngine.config ' file.

MobileEngine.Datacompression.Gzip = true.

But still I am getting the same error.

Regards,

Sanoosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The last time I faced this error it was coupled with couple of more errors. One being SSL configuration, secondly mismatch in MI version and service packs. And it was resolved after SSL configuration and MI version updates. So I dont know how exactly it got resolved but tehse were teh only two things followed.

Are you mentioning any proxy settings on the mobile client without properly configuring SSL settings on MI srever. Please check thsi and remove proxy settings for synchronozing.

regards,

Sumit