cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are the skill sets required for a PCR consultant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

what are the skill sets required for a PCR consultant?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PCR Consists of Technical Knowledge and also the Process Knowledge with Programme

before go to work on PCR it is advisable to know much abt the Process at different levels

As this process Level will differ from Client to Client some may have done in different porcess some in another process

After knowing the Process do some initial Ground work which effects the process in the PCR and why , how and where

Slowly u will able to gain

i wish u all the best and try to login in SDN Forums and keep shareing ur knowledge

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Additional to all the views

1.) You should be aware of all the process flow of Payroll cycle . Readinging from the Basic data till the Net pay how is it arrived.

2.) You should be aware of all the Logics for calculation for different heads & know the significance of all all heads in Paymenst & Dedcutions & Statutory deductions

3.) Understanding the Business Logic pertaining to the Modifications/New development in the Standard process and hence need for writing a Z program/ PCR/SChema

4.) The logic should be clearly understood and easy and flexible for maintaining for further development/modifications if require.

Regards

Hemant V. Mahale

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

U need to have funtional kownledge of busniss requirments and to modify the rules and schema etc accordingly to meet the busniss req of the org.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion, what one needs to be a good consultant is

1. Very good communication skills -

..............Verbal : You should be able to blame others if you can not solve the problem without offending.

..............Writing: Write technical jargons which will make client believe that there is a big issue.

2. Business Understanding : High level idea of business process. If you do not know the process, should be able to say that your previous client did it differently.

3. Technical Understanding : If you have good communication skill, you do not need a deep technical knowledge. Just know enough to use the technical jargons. That will buy you some time to look into the system what they are looking for and if it is doable, and how much of effort it would take.

4. A good knowledgable person as your friend who you can call/mail any time with technical questions.

5. A log-in ID at sdn forum, where you can put your questions marked reply soon to be answerd by Gurus.

Please do not get offended. I have the bottom 4 things out of 5.

Anyway, I am in very good mood today as production payroll processing has an issue and it's my fault

former_member47879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to have technical knowledge combined with the understanding of process and applying the technical skills to the business requirements