cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with chinese character for dot matrix epson LQ-1600K III

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I really runs out of idea about my problem now. The problem is about Print Chinese character to dot matrix printer (Epson LQ-1600K III). I tried to so many device type to solve this issue, looks like the only device type can be use are CNSAPWIN and CNEPSON with CNSONG font type. The others if I print to the printer, the chinese character became # (although in the print preview it`s okay and display correctly).

Here is the bottleneck if I use CNEPSON:

- if I have 2 window at the left and right position, if the left window has chinese character, the right window automatically shift right about 1.5 CM, which is damn weird!!! Can somebody help me

- I tried so many ways to adjust the line size for my detail window (to cater positioning at pre-printed boxes), but looks the font size always become 10pt and line size cannot be adjustable (based on smartstyle).BUT if I used device type epescp2, it can be done!

-

Here is the bottleneck if I use CNSAPWIN:

- I need to create format type in windows and SAP (SPAD). and every PC that use this printer, must define the Paper size ( China Special paper size 12inch)

- I also think this is not a good idea because as I far as I know this is not the correct way..

Therefore, if somebody has experience about printer chinese character to dot matrix for Smartform and sapscript..please kindly help me give some advice.

Do I use the wrong device type?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Willy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

carlos_zhang3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends , we are using the same model ....

Are you using the chinese version operation system ? because we can print the chinese charaters without problem in LQ 1600KIII .....

We are using CNSAPWIN device type + Frondend printing access method ....

Carlos Zhang