cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport failed.......in CTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks...env; PI 7.1

dev/qa share the same sld...prod sld is diff.....

scenario involves pi talking to a BS ecc RDx,

trying to do a transport both file/ cts the same issue comes up......

Import failed because of business system transfer of object xxxxxxxxxxx: Obligatory transport target for business system RDx_001 not found in System Landscape Directory

now from my experience, when i do any transport......any Config object that pointed to RDx after the tranport shd point to RQx

but when i try to import it fails with the given error..

any inputs??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to configure the transport target for your business systems in the SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

all this is done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hankovak,

R u still facing the issue ??

Even i had same issue..

Got it resolved.

Revert for the solution.

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gee..thanks...i got it resolvd.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I was able to resolve that for File System Tranport....

Now i am running with some issues in CTS+......

I configured CTS+. I am able to transport from Dev. But unable to see the transports in QTY.

I am running on Redhat 5/oracle.

What might be the issue ??

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

since u said u already did a file transport ...i assume that u've defined the transport targets in the SLD....if u havn..thn that cud b the issue....u shd get it done...

Now u said u already transportd frm D to Q, u did a cts transprt ryt? now have u imported it in Q? only thn u'l b able 2 view the objs in Q...

try it n lemme knw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hankovak,

Thanks for your reply.

I have created the transport targets and i am able to do a file system transport.

Now then i tried to transport using CTS. At Dev it says it is exported successfully. But in Quality when i am trying to find the transports, its not showing any transports which are transported using CTS.

I have also mounted the usr/sap/trans of my DEV( Domain Controller) to QTY.

Please let me know if i am missing anything.

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now i assume that ur Dev is the domain controller....

after u hav xprted teh objecrts from d, u have to import into Q...

here is how...tran: STMS on ur Domain controller->clck on Import Overview->Dclick on ur Q system->clck on the specific Workbench Req # and hit the Import req button

you'l c a new window open, hit ok and say Yes...u'l b asked to enter credentials for Loggin into Q, do that...

Then you'l c a import running icon...(van..)

verify ur import in Q in the ESB

Ts shd tke care of it...

Thanks,

Hank....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hankovak,

I am exporting the IR and ID objects from DEV to QTY. After i followed the above steps i am still not able to find the CTS imports in IR and ID of Quality.

Strange..........

Any other hints

Appreciate ur help.

Thanks.

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

after exporting ur ID/IR contents go2 abap stack, in T: Se09 under ur name ul hav a workbench req associated...u have to release it 1st....

after that u have to export it to Q, after that u need 2 import the objs in Q...[follow my prev msg 2 do that]..only thn ul b able2 c the objs...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hankovak,

Bingoooo.............there u go...........

Done......

Thank u very much..........

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

happy 2 help man!!

gud luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hankovak,

I have a different problem.

We are using charm and using solution manager as our transport domain controller.

We are using CTS+. While exporting the directory objects, we are selecting the 'file system' option and when the tpz file is created, we are adding that to the transport request and tranporting using STMS.

The transport is making successfully to Q. When we are moving the transport to P, it is failing saying that 'the transport target for the development business system is not found'. This is happening because the source system is Dev and target system is Production.

The transport targets in SLD are having this route - DEV --> QA ---> PRD.

Should I keep DEV as the source system to PRD also?

If we want to use the option 'transport using CTS+' it is looking for the transport requests created in the Development PI system, where as we create the transport requests in solution manager since we are using charm and solman is our transport domain controller.

Do you have any idea on how to resolve this issue?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

u said u wr moving ur objs 2 P, how r u doing ths?

File export? or r u releasing ur prev wrkbnch req on Q and exporting it to P(CTS)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hankovak,

I am using 'Transport with File system' option while exporting the directory objects and then attaching it to the transport request (regular ABAP transport). When it is tested in QA, we are moving the transport to Production using normal procedure of STMS.

I can use the 'Transport with CTS+' option, but it is looking for the transport requests in the PI system where as our CHARM is set up in the solution manager.

Let me know if I have to use the option 'Transport using CTS' to move the transports using CTS.

Thanks

Kalyan

Edited by: Kalyan Veerapaneni on May 7, 2009 3:52 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Had the same problem. My solution was (really, no joke):

Starting within the configuration-builder of the transport-Target

--> Environment --> Clear SLD Cache

After that it worked.

Edited by: Rene Pilz on Apr 6, 2010 5:07 PM