cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM,Visual admin tools obsolete PI7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

I want to deploy some components in PI 7.1 using SDM and also I want to do some java settings using visual admin tool in PI7.1.

But when I am going through the paths for the above tools,I observed that they are not existed!!!!

Please let me know is there any alternative in PI 7.1 for both the tools.

Thanks in advance

Rk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try nwa http://localhost:50000/nwa for the java settings and JSPM for deployment as Rohit said.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,Rohit

Many thanks for your response

I heard that deploy view tool is available as an alternative for SDM in PI 7.1

Can you please confirm if my understanding is correct,also please suggest me how to work with that tool.

Rk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check for deploy/change option in nwa itself?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj,

Can you please tell me the exact navigation in NWA.I believe that deploy/change option will comes in PI 7.0.I want to know the path in PI7.1 NWA.

Rk

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP has introduced SDM in 640 (NW2004) release for the deployment, and they have introduced JSPM (NW2004s) in 700 system instead of SDM. so you have to use JSPM in 700 system inorder to deploy the SCA files for the java machine. u can use SDM as well and more over you have a telnet option as well to deploy the components.

and i believe tool Visual admin is not existed any more in 7.1 systems, SAP has removed VA and you have a NWA tool to perform the settings like VA.

As far as i remember in NWA u have a option called Deploy & Change for the Template installers. i mean you can use that option to run templates for the post installation configurations. but you can't deploy the components from there

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello R.K

use JSPM

Rohit