cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range exhausted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

My sales number range has been exhausted. When I reached the last number I got a warning saying that 'The Last number of the range has been reached'. After that I created a Sales Order, the number restarted with '1'. It saved and while exiting I got an internal SAP mail saying 'Express Document Update was terminated by Author Maheshwaran'.

While I tried to display the new document I am getting the old document only.

How to reset the document number ranges?

Regards

Maheshwaran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

VN01 is the T-code used to maintain number ranges. if you do not have authorization then you can also do it by using SNRO.

Number range object for sales documents is RV_BLEG.

In Production system this can be done if the client is open and this cannot be transported.

Use z1 or z2........ or Y1 Y2..... as the name to define the number range.

Assign the same to the document type in VOV8

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maheshwaran

Go to VN01 and maintain the number range and assign the number range to the sales doc type in VOV8. and then start creating sales orders. But if it has been overlapped by the old number range then you need to extract those documents with the help of BASIS consultant

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hai

>

> My sales number range has been exhausted. When I reached the last number I got a warning saying that 'The Last number of the range has been reached'. After that I created a Sales Order, the number restarted with '1'. It saved and while exiting I got an internal SAP mail saying 'Express Document Update was terminated by Author Maheshwaran'.

>

> While I tried to display the new document I am getting the old document only.

>

> How to reset the document number ranges?

>

> Regards

>

> Maheshwaran

Hello

you cannot reset the number range.. you have to create and assign a new number range via VN01

Create

The same can be reached through in IMG as : Sales & Distribution>Sales>Sales Document Header-->Define Number Ranges for Sales Documents.

Here you provide the system a specific Number range as follows:

Number range Key Start Number range End Number Range+Current Number

Assigning - In Assigning, you assign the particular Sales Document to the Number Range you have already proposed as above.

The Assigning Part is done as follows:

The Two digit Alpha Numeric Key is maintained or Assigned to the respective Sales Document type in V0V8.

This can also be reached in IMG by:

Sales & Distribution>Sales>Sales Document Header-->Define Sales Document Types

Locate the particular Sales Doc Type, and double click on it to display it configuration. Here you put the Two Digit Number key in the Field- "Number range External Assignment"

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

Go to T.code VN01 and create a New Number Range and assign the same to the respective Sales Document Types.