cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Basis Financial Statements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if there is a way to generate financial statements on a cash basis in SBO either within the product (such as XL Reporter) or through an add-on?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what you define Cash Basis Financial Statements exactly. However, if you just want system to show cash account transactions, it will not be that difficult by any tools.

Please clarify what is your definition of Cash Basis Financial Statements.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am referrring to the method of accounting in which income and expense items are recorded and recognized when cash is received or disbursed which is the opposite of accrual basis accounting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that is the case, it will not be easy. Please check this link:

http://www.allianceonline.org/FAQ/financial_management/what_is_difference_between.faq

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you're referring to cash basis that we use in upstream oil and gas environment then the cash basis treatment is by usage of JVA module and recovery indicators. The reports however are a mix of accrual with the take out of working capital which makes the basis of billing to be 'cash'

this topic is quite heavy and I suggest you get a good JVA consultant to discuss it with.

rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gordon;

That is a good representation of what Cash basis reporting is. However, I am looking for a solution to do this in SAP Business One.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Azrin;

I was not referring to upstream oil and gas. Gordons post above is a representation of what I am looking to have SAP Business One do.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion, you have to use quite a few UDT, UDF, FMS or by SDK to define you every single transaction. That may not be realistic to do.