cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which one to use -WDJ,WDA,BSPs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have been given an opportunity to show which technology is good to implement ESS,MSS packages.

We have to show which technology to use like WDJ,WDA,BSPs etc.

What are the SAP recommendations in this issue.

I heard that SAP is planning to move all the XSS applications to WDA.Keeping all this things in mind i need to prepare a document.

Could someone help me in regards to this.

Thanks,

Anil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clsoing the thread

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well WDJ and WDA have very similar capabilities. The real question there is which programming language and development environement do you want to work within? This also means things like TMS vs. NWDI for lifecycle management. Of course only the ABAP framework has the Enhancement Framework.

Next question is if you are planning to extend the existing XSS applications or build your own standalone ones. If you are extending, you might have to deal with the fact that XSS is largely delivered in WDJ today. The transition to WDA is happening however and will take place over the next few ERP Enhancement Packages.

BSP would be a special use case where you need to create a very custom user interface or need support for stateless. If you are working within the SAP XSS framework and want the functionality to match up I would suggest sticking with Web Dynpro. If you need some very unique aspect of XSS that is outside the existing applications and you can't acomplish this with Web Dynpro, then you can consider BSP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas for the quick reply.

I have worked on all the three technologies.

I would like to know which is good to use (WDJ or WDA) keeping in mind about the present packages in place as well as the future enhancements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread.