Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different emails to different users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody!

I have a RFC -> XI -> MAIL scenario!

The problem is that I have different emails to send to different users and I didn't want to use multi-mapping (with or without BPM). I want to send a single message with all the different emails to the email server! Is it possible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, this is not possible. If you want to have several mails created from one RFC call, you have to use multimapping.

Regards

Stefan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why not give multiple email ids in the TO field.

In Microsoft Exchange server the users are separated by ; and in lotus notes its separated by ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, I cant use "TO" with several addresses separeted by ";" because the contents to send is different for each address.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

multi mapping is your only option then

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one RFC call:

<RFC>

<Data>

<item>a</item>

<item>b</item>

<item>c</item>

</Data>

</RFC>

And I want to send several emails:

Item "a" should be sent only to aaa at any.com

Item "b" should be sent only to bbb at any.com

Item "c" should be sent only to ccc at any.com

But I dont want to use multi-mapping. Instead, I want to send one message with all the emails to Exchange Server.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i dont think what you ask is possible.

Your req. can be easily handled by a multimapping so why not go down that path?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish Vijay

I would like to work with synchronous messages (I want to return an 'ok' to the ABAP program that calls the RFC to let it knows that the emails were sent)

but

Multi-mapping without BPM works only with assynchronous messages, doesnt' it?

and

Multi-mapping with BPM will not work, because I would have to build a S/A Bridge, and for each email I would have to send a message to Exchange Server. Since I will have more than 1000 emails, the ABAP program would have to wait a long time and maybe I will have some timeout problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do one of the two options below:

1)You can create separate interfaces/mapping for each user. You can then use conditional editor in interface determination to send it each of these users.

2) Create one mapping which will dynamically populate the <TO> field and use the Mail Package option in the mail adapter. - I would recommend this option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)You can create separate interfaces/mapping for each user. You can then use conditional editor in interface determination to send it each of these users.

I can't do that, because the receiver business system is the same for all users that will receive the email

2) Create one mapping which will dynamically populate the <TO> field and use the Mail Package option in the mail adapter. - I would recommend this option.

I can't do that, because the contents to send are different to each user