Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Query group to an SAP role

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to link the Query group to the role but when we test the user does not have access to it. I know this used to be a problems years ago that I thought was fixes. Any ideas on how to get this to work?

6 REPLIES 6

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

After linking the Query Group to SAP role, have you performed User Comparison?

Unless, you complete user comparison, the profiles will not take effect in User Master.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

I did perform the comparisons already but did it again just in case. I still get the message of no groups assigned when I go into SQ01.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Assign the required user groups to the user in Sq03. if user still getting same error even after assignments in Sq03, ask user to please change query areas as below and check.

Sq01 --> Environment --> Query areas --> select "Stanard area (client-specific).

Regards,

Gowrinadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that I wanted to get away from using Sq03 to assign userids to the groups and to assign the groups to roles and when the user gets the role they would get the query access by default. I have moved in another direction on this so I will not be pursuing this anymore..Thanks for your input.