cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blackberry offline approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Any idea how to send offline approval to Blackberry device. We are implementing offline approval functionality for SC, Client wants to send offline Email approval to Balckberry to approve or reject the SC. Any one done blackberry offline approval functionality, please your input is welcome..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is nothing special with that.

in the offline approval an email is sent with 2 HTML links (mailto HTML) , if you click on this,

an email will sent back to the system. (decision email)

It does not matter whether you sent this decision email from OUtlook, Lotus Notes or Blackberry.

It is important, that when running RSWUWFMLEC or RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP, you have

to select the option "with decision links"

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel Szekely ,

Thank you very much for your response. Please correct me if i wrong... In order to access lotus note or office outlook to approval or reject the SC through Blackberry, do they approver needs to be in intra network? ... Say for a example.. When offline approval functionality comes into picture that the workitem send to approver office outlook or lotus note inbox for approval.. Then Approver needs to login through VPN (if he is not in business place) in order to access his outlook to approve or reject the SC right. The same scenario if approver needs to approve through Blackberry then, does he needs to access outlook mail server through connecting VPN or some other Private network to access his business mails? I am not sure that the question asked clearly, but hope you understand my question. Please let me know if not then Iu2019ll ask in different way..

With Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

you are right.

Manager should connect to his Outlook (via VPN or whatever)

the best thing in this Offline_with_blackberry scenario, that you dont have to log on to SRM, just have an access to your mailbox, where you can send an email (just by clicking on the link)

Note 1166763 states that this is not working, neverthless I have lot of costumers who could use this without any problems..

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for your response. I have gone through the OSS note and send mail to Thomas who is working on this object from SAP. Hope I'll get some response from him about blackberry functionality. Appreciate your help.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John

thanks the points.

If you have any further doubts, just update this thread, I am watching it.

An additional info: my manager get all emails on outlook and on his blackberry device parallel (continously), so to make an Approve/Reject he does not need to log on...

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much to update me that you are watching this thread.Sure..

With Regards,

John.

rbs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

We are trying to send mail to outlook with Approve/Reject Buttons for offline approval. Till now the code is working fine and mail is coming in outlook with Approve and reject Button.

The problem that we are facing is on click of Approve / Reject Button a new mail message should be ready but its not happening.We tried using HTML script but in SAP Inbox when user clicks on Approve button new outlook window is coming but when the same thing we are trying to perform in outlook nothing happening on button click.

Please help us in this.

Thanks,

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have the same requirement. WE have read that on SRM Approvers of shopping carts can process work items without logging on to the SAP Supplier Relationship Management (SAP SRM) system. The SRM system can send work items by e-mail so that users can process them in their Microsoft Outlook mail client. Unfortunately we don't have SRM but only ECC 6.0. Do you know if an identical standard scenario (

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm2007/helpdata/en/31/47c6cb8e9249f2bc29444212e4704a/content.htm) exists on ECC?

Many thanks for your support and collaboration

Regards

Bob