Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The version 2008_1_620 of the Add-on ST-PI is too high for this upgrade

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I' am doing prepare : upgrade from R/3 entrerprise 47X100 to ECC6.0 SR3.

PREPARE

02) Initialization failed yes

the checks.log report the following error :

SAPup> WARNING: The version 2008_1_620 of the Add-on ST-PI is too high for this

upgrade (> 2005_1_700).

To avoid loss of data it is necessary to include the latest avai

lable version for the Add-on

in the IS_SELECT phase.

Please refer to Add-on note 69455 for further information.

I can't go on , How can I include the add-on in the upgrade ? the phase for include the add-on upgrade is 04) Extension but i cannot skip phase 2 ? ! ? !

OSS note 69455 does not contain valid information.

thank's for the answer.

Regards Antonio.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antonio,

get the latest SAPup and install it as described in note 821032. Before you should reset the upgrade. After that the error becomes a warning, that you can ignore in this phase.

Greetings

Christian

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I got the same error and it actually prevents from getting further, because its treated as an error.

"ERROR: To be able to use ASU Toolbox, your system requires at

least Support Package Level 8 for the ST-PI software component

For more information, see the upgrade documentation

WARNING: The version 2008_1_620 of the Add-on ST-PI is too high for this upgrade (> 2005_1_700).

To avoid loss of data it is necessary to include the latest available version for the Add-on

in the IS_SELECT phase.

Please refer to Add-on note 69455 for further information."

2008_1_620 does not have a level 8, so it must be refering to the 2005 version of ST-PI.

Update SAPup.exe (in <upgrade dir>/bin) to newest version.

Regards

Kim

Edited by: Kim Hynek on Mar 30, 2010 11:36 AM

Edited by: Kim Hynek on Mar 30, 2010 11:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had also faced the same issue with ECC 6.0 SR3 upgrade and overcome with the solution.

I was running with SAPup version 700.25 so I have updated the SAPup version to 700.26 then SAPup tool allowed me to go ahead

Please update your SAPup version and update.

Thanks

Mukund NIkam

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Mark already pointed, this is only a warning, you should download the 2008_1_700 to be included as an add on latter on the prepare phase, you will probably need to skip or ignore this warning if SAPup gives you this option and not the continue option.

This is normal as you have a newer ST-PI version than the one that comes with the Upgrade DVD's don´t worry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This message is a warning only. Later on you will have the opportunity to include the add-on package. If PREPARE stopped with "Failed" on the Initialization, then there should be a real error somewhere. Please look carefully at the CHECKS.LOG file or post it here.

Rgds,

Mark