cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constarints & Competability on Upgrade to BI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on BW 3.0B and on R3 4.6C and on CRM 3.0 and APO 3.0.

We currently considering an upgrade of the hall landscape.

I have 2 Questions:

1. I belive there are no constraints on BW to connect

to any other source systems, CRM and R3? in this

case?

Extractors wise!

Lets say we upgrade to CRM 5.0 and R3 to 7, will

we still be able to stay on 3.0B? or 3.5 etc?

2. Unicode, Is BI 7.0 is like BW 3.5?

Can you have a unicode and non unicode?

Thanks Edan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

1) We are facing this issue as well. Clearly you can use your old 3.0 but you won't be able to use most of the scenario delivered with CRM 5.0 like sales planning or some portal BPP etc...

So you may be stuck with a lot of specific development.

In our case, the impact is so strong that BW upgrade has been deemed mandatory before all other upgrade !!!

2) Apparently it would seem so. Yet we are starting to have some messages (and a clarification would be appreciated) that some functionalities may not work without unicode.

Regards

Fabrice

klaus_werner
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can still have non-unicode. What are the restriction you've heard of?

Regards, Klaus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have heard that if you were non unicode, you could not use Adobe Document Service. Urban legend ? Or misinterpretation ? Or wrong ?

klaus_werner
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I checked with the developers. All known issues have been resolved with SPS7 (available April, 11th). So there should be no general problem

Regards,Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edan

1 Yes you could still stay in bw version 3.0/3.5 even after upgrade of all other components. You have to remember two main things here. Number one is as you know SAP will stop support for old versions after some period with my knowledge it is going to be very soon at least for BW3.0. Second point is if you upgrade your SAP System from 4.6C to ECC5.0 obiously you won't get any advantage of new extractors of ECC version. As you know BW is coming up with so many new features like in BW3.5 broadcasting and BPS and all and I am sure BW7.0 has so many new features. You won't get advantage of all these new features if you won't upgrade.

Hope this Helps

Thnaks

Sat