cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubts in funda's of XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am some doubts in funda's of XI. PLEASE HELP ME BY WRITING YOUR OWN IDEAS ( NOOOOOO! LINKS PLEASE ).

when in SLD .... you have buttons for creation of "new product" and "new software version component" ..... when SLD is set to show all the products/Software version components automatically by SAP.... what is the need of these two buttons?

when my XI server is connected to R/3 systems i am not able to see this product (R/3 system) in SLD .... but i am able to import the IDOC/RFC to XI server.... why is that happening?

Well! it also said by one of our gurus that R/3 systems should be defined in SLD of XI to be seen in SLD of XI... as your basis guy is quite busy to answer ... can some one me help to answer my curiousity?

Cheers!

SY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Using the buttons 'new products' & 'new software component', you can maintain the details of the third-party/non-SAP systems in your landscape. For eg..a file based system. You can import this SWCV into IR and develop the design objects for the interfaces related to this file system. This gives you logical grouping of designtime content. Similarly, the Business System created using the crated prodcuct should be imported in ID so that you can create diff comm channels and use it as a sender/receiver in ur interfaces.

You need to maintain ur R/3 systems in SLD as technical system and its clients as business system so that you can assign a logical system name, which is used in IDOC control record. The same needs to be maintained in R/3 also. for ur R/3 system to be a sender/receiver, you need to maintain in SLD.

hope it is clear.

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

"You need to maintain ur R/3 systems in SLD as technical system and its clients as business system so that you can assign a logical system name, which is used in IDOC control record. <b>The same needs to be maintained in R/3 also. for ur R/3 system to be a sender/receiver, you need to maintain in SLD</b>."

Thanks praveen for response... it made some sense... inorder to have a clear idea

A screen shot how to do it or a example help me a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To maintain logical systems in R/3 execute the transaction/area menu SALE and navigate to ALE->Sender and Receiving Systems->Logical Systems->Define Logical System.

for info regd business systems in SLD, visit http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/87/7277e8fba34421a45d97a41ec27381/content.htm

praveen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>><i>when in SLD .... you have buttons for creation of "new product" and "new software version component" ..... when SLD is set to show all the products/Software version components automatically by SAP.... what is the need of these two buttons?</i>

SLD shows all the products and SWCV of SAP. The button you have specified allow us to create our own software component versions and products.

One of the reasons as to why we create software component versions,is for modularity.

Moreover, each of the namespaces under a SWCV has some commonality.

>>><i>when my XI server is connected to R/3 systems i am not able to see this product (R/3 system) in SLD .... but i am able to import the IDOC/RFC to XI server.... why is that happening?</i>

You will find an entry for R/3 in the technical system list.

>>><i>Well! it also said by one of our gurus that R/3 systems should be defined in SLD of XI to be seen in SLD of XI... as your basis guy is quite busy to answer ... can some one me help to answer my curiousity?</i>

Yes! If this is not done, how will xi know where the R/3 system is? You will have to tell xi, that r/3 is at this IP right? This is what you do in SLD.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"You will find an entry for R/3 in the technical system list."

may be the above must be correct one. IP's are already assigned.

Thanks for response.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>****when in SLD .... you have buttons for creation of "new product" and "new software version component" ..... when SLD is set to show all the products/Software version components automatically by SAP.... what is the need of these two buttons?</i>

SAP XI will come with some predelivered standard contents. For e.g SAP SRM, EBP, etc. But when you want to create logical systems for your system landscape then you need to create your own product/systems/software components. As it is nothing but logical goruping of the related components. For eg. you are doing file to file scenario, you need to separate from otehr scenario , then you create separate product for Thirdparty/legacy systems, create separate Software components, Technical Systems,Business systems etc.

<i>***when in SLD .... you have buttons for creation of "new product" and "new software version component" ..... when SLD is set to show all the products/Software version components automatically by SAP.... what is the need of these two buttons?</i>

For most of the standard SAP products are having their entry in the SLD.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

when in SLD .... you have buttons for creation of "new product" and "new software version component" ..... when SLD is set to show all the products/Software version components automatically by SAP.... what is the need of these two buttons?

SAP would have no idea of your Company's system landscape. SAP only provides SAP provided Products and software component versions. You can create your own product and software component version(s). This is all logical grouping. It basically helps you to group your objects logically. If you were to export your objects out of XI you do it at Software Component Version level.

when my XI server is connected to R/3 systems i am not able to see this product (R/3 system) in SLD .... but i am able to import the IDOC/RFC to XI server.... why is that happening?

Like I mentioned earlier, this is all at logical level. Defining a business system in the SLD only helps you understand your company's landscape well. When you import a Software Component Version from the SLD in to IR, you specify whether u want to import RFC/IDOCS in to IR. When you opt for it, you specify the actual system ( SAP R/3) from where u would be importing it. If you edit your software component version, you would be able to see these details. I hope this helps.

<b></b>