cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP PRs created without receipt/requirement element number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using location heuristic for planning in SNP. The problem is that the PRs created do not have a receipt/requirements element number. They do have a correct source (vendor) assigned.

When we publish the PRs to R/3, the R/3 order number is reflected correctly in APO.

We are on APO release 3.1 and have configured periodic tranfer using change pointers to OLTP system.

As far as I know, in latest release there is an option in customizing to maintain the number range for SNP orders and PRs created in APO do get an APO order number.

However in 3.1, I do not see any such option in the customizing.

Would really appreciate your expert advice on, if this is the standard behavior or if we are missing something?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looking at your situation, this problem is persisting because you are using 3.1 version of SCM.

Now there are three options to look at this issue.

1) You can rise a OSS message, so that they will give some support packs for you update which may prevent this issue.

2) You can use immediate transfer option so that PRs will get generated

3) You can use Periodic transfer option, and once the PR generation job is completed, schedule C5 job in background, so that you will get all PR numbers in place.

Please confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Iterations in CCR will bringback data of both R/3 and APO systems in sync without any inconstencies. First you need to send those entries to the places as directed by the system and then do the iteration. Iteration also will display the balance errors still left.

2) Please confirm whether inbound and outbound queues of R/3 and APO are clear

3) Check the customisation in APO under the menu, APO > Supply chain planning > SNP > Basic settings > Set use of number ranges for SNP > check whether tick is there in SNP use internal no and two digit number in number range.

4) Check the customisation in APO under the menu, APO > Supply chain planning > SNP > Basic settings > Maintain number ranges for orders > see whether number range is defined for PR

5) As your setting in customization is periodic transfer, any changes in transactional data due to creation of PR or modification of PR will results in change pointer. Until this change pointers are sent using t-code C5, number will not be assigned for the PRs. If you need PR number to get generated without using t-code C5, change your setting to immediate transfer in customization and then retry.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thank you for your valuable inputs.

1) This means that iterations are more or less like 'Refresh' functionality for the CCR. Correct me if I am wrong.

2)Both the queues in R/3 and APO are clear

3) & 4) I do not see these customizing options under Basic Settings in SPRO.

This is what makes me believe that in 3.1, this is a standard behavior that no APO order number is generated for SNP orders.

5) If I use 'Immediate transfer' option for the OLTP transfer type in customizing, then when the PR is created in APO, it immediatley gets the R/3 order number.

When I use 'Priodic Transfer' option, then PRs are created in APO without any order number. But after processing the change pointers thru transaction /SAPAPO/C5, the R/3 order number is updated in APO.

I also tried with the 'No transfer' option, to test if the APO order number would be generated.

But in this case also, PRs are created wihtout any order number.

No clues on what more to check - if someone has worked on SNP in 3.1 and if they can confirm that my suspicion is correct then it would be very helpful.

Thanks,

SCMLearner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCMLearner,

1) Please carryout a deltareport(/sapapo/ccr) for PR's and find out is there any iterations to be done before carrying out the location heuristic. If errors observed, carry out iteration and then do heuristic and check whether PR number is appearing.

2) Normally, the ideal process is that, as and when you run heuristic, the PR gets generated in APO system with an internal number and then it moves to R/3 system, gets the actual PR number and comes back to APO and get updated. I would suggest check the inbound and outbound queues whether any errors or queues are appearing. If yes, take corrective action against the errors and carry out a fresh run

3) Try creating a manual PR in product view(RRP3) and check whether it is getting the internal number or not.

4) Try sending the change pointers via t-code in APO /sapapo/c3 and then check whether PR number is getting generated.

Kindly confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thank you for taking time out to reply to my post.

My response to your suggestions is:

1) This was somehing new which I did not know. However even after doing iterations, the PRs were created without an internal APO order number.

Also I am not very clear with the functionality of 'Iterations' in CCR. Can you please exlain what it serves to achieve?

I always used the buttons 'Send to APO' or 'Send to R/3', instead.

2) I am aware of the normal system behavior which is exactly as you described.

This is the reason I find it very strange that SNP PRs are being generated without an internal APO number.

3)Manual creation in product view also creates PRs wihtout an order number

4)Sending the change pointer through transaction /sapapo/c5, is what we are doing. This gets the R/3 order number.

Would really appreciate your further inputs/comments.

Thanks,

SCMLearner