SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional location not reflected in connection object

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI...

I created a functional location in the plant maintanence module..however when i try to check this from the connection object SAP gives me an error sayin the Location does not belon to IS type C(connection Object).

during FL creation i had specified the category as A (connection Object) and structure indicator as AO_GP (ISU defaults)...wat am i doing wrong..?

16 REPLIES 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried creating a Connection Object and check with the same generated number as functional location exist in R3 ?

Thanks,

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whenever you create Connection Object (or Device Location) in SAP ISU, it will create Functional Location in SAP R/3 with same number. But when you create Functional Location in SAP R/3 it wont create Connection Object / Device Location in SAP ISU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in il01 u need to select the fucnt location catefgory feild as A and not M for ur purpose..

then u can see that particular fucntional location displayed while u create a connection object .

i dnt think the structure indiactor will affect u to display the fucn loc gendrated in il01

but anywasy try using structure cat A instead of urs... ists workin g for me

kr

raj

Edited by: Varadha Raj on Apr 8, 2009 7:04 AM

0 Kudos

I have selected A....but still its not showing in connection object....can there be any problem in customizing...any setting i particularly need to check..

0 Kudos

PLS TEL ME HOU CHECKED IT?

I CHOOSE F4 IN FUCNTIONAL LOCATION IN CREATE CONNECTOPN OBJECT???

OR HOW COME IF NOT???

Edited by: Varadha Raj on Apr 8, 2009 7:25 AM

0 Kudos

HI MICK

I HOPE I HAVE FOUND UR ANSWER

JUST GOI TO

SPRO-SAP UTIL-MASTER DATACONNEC OBJECTBASIC SETTINGS-

HERE IN THIS SCREEN ENETR THE FOLLWONG ENTRUIES

IF U HAVE ONE DELETE ANDMAKENEW AS HERE

C AO_GP A

C is connection object

AO_GP str

A is fucnt location categ

make it

and u will get ur issues solved

kr

raj

0 Kudos

Its still refusing to open the functional location in connection object...throwing the same error ..to be specific this is the error...

"Functional location 1020 (IS type ) is not a connection obj. (IS type C)"

0 Kudos

HI

is the issue solved???

pls let me know

kr

raj

0 Kudos

Nopes :(...check the my latest reply(before this one)...tats the specific error its giving...

0 Kudos

Its still refusing to open the functional location in connection object...throwing the same error ..to be specific this is the error...

"Functional location 1020 (IS type ) is not a connection obj. (IS type C)"

this is vatu have said regarindg error

so u need to select in IL01 just select function location category as A.

I have clearly said the spro setting also which involves the particular purpose.kindly look in to it

i really wonder if u have seen through my replies

kr

raj

oliviawalsh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you create a functional location via IL01 the field ISTYP stays empty. But if you create a connection object via ES55 the field is filled with the value "C" (Connection obj). This is one of the reasons why TA ES55 was created: with this transaction it should be able to create IS-U connection objects easily so you don't have to use transaction IL01.

The from my point of view there is a possible solution:

Please have a look at enhancement ILOM0001 (EXIT_SAPMILO0_001). With

this user exit it is possible to implement particular customer-specific

field contents. So maybe you can make a modification that field ISTYP is

filled with value "C".

Hope this helps.

Regards

Olivia

0 Kudos

Can u tell me in which table can i find the ISTYP field...?

0 Kudos

so olivia u mean we cant see the created func location in conencrtion object creation process.

sorry 2 re write vat u said but its all the settings vat u make in spro ..basic settings for connection object under connnection obkect

kindly look tghere ui can see that we assign the fucnt location categ fot the connection object there

and thats how it shows the created vfunctional locations in cooenction object screen

kr

raj

0 Kudos

I have followed ur replies...but the system refuses to register it as Connection Object...I even checked in the functional location table IFLOT ...the ISTYPE here is always empty...which should be C

0 Kudos

hi

then check if that tabke is locked???

kr

raj

0 Kudos

If ur talking about SM12...i found none of the entries locked