cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in tracing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am thinking to use SAP provided Logging API in my web dynpro Application. I wanted to know that how can i view all the trace messages(i.e in which file).

How we can we use log-configuration.xml. i have seen the help file but it doesn't discuse it in details.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For all errors, additional context information is written into the server trace file, which can be displayed in the LogViewer.

In the Visual Admin Tool go to Server -> Services -> Log Viewer and navigate to the trace file. By default, you can find the file under:

Cluster -> Server 0 -> C:\usr\sap -> J2E\JC00 -> j2ee\cluster\server0 -> log -> defaultTrace.trc

On the filesystem of the J2EE server you can also look in the directory <Drive>:\usr\sap\<SAP SID> \JC<Instance Number>\j2ee\cluster\server0\log

for the smallest defaultTrace.*.trc file.

Hope this helps.

PS: The storage location of this file depends on the settings of the LogManager of the SAP J2EE Engine kernel.

Regards,

Pooja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps this link can be helpful

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/81/9e99adb28ca4419787331dfc5ae0da/frameset.htm">configuring Logging API</a>

It has a link to the dtd, that is quite extensive.

However, you don't need to understand that file. It;s just for automatic configuration. You can configure the logging API just by usage of the Visual Administrator, tab log configurator.

By default the trace file and the output of your logs will be located at :

\usr\sap\<sid>\<instance>\j2ee\cluster\server0\log\defaultTrace.X.trc

HTH

Peter