cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL studio connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm currently looking into using SAP's database manager and SQL studio to store and edit data from a small home hosted website.

My problem is that after creating an "instance" on my computer and ensuring that it is running on the database manager I go to access it using SQL studio and get the following message:

ODBR-Error:[SAP AG][SQLOD23 DLL][SAP DB]Invalid authorazation specification;-4008 POS(1) Unknown user name/password combinaiton. return-code: SQL_ERROR (-4008)

I have done the usual web searches and have not found anything that helps. I have tried case ajustment, using and not using quotation marks and adding new users.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

you can use the Database Manager GUI to check whether your db instance is online, admin or offline.

You need to know the DBM user (standard user: control; password: control) and its password to see the relevant information.

---

Only if your instance is in online mode, can you use SQL Studio to access it.

You need an SQL user and password combination to access the db instance using SQL Studio. The standard user is superdba, its password admin.

---

Please be aware that your user/password can be different from the above standards.

Hope that helped you.

Regards,

Roland