cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF: SNP/PPM Bucket Resource Consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have Cifed Production Versions from ECC to APO. For SNP PPMs, I generated them from PPDS PPM through Standard Transaction.

Now in ECC the Production Rate (Usage Rate which will become as a Resource Consumption Value in PPM-APO) for all the products in Routing have been changed.By doing CFP3 all the PPM Master data changes iI have transferred to APO.

Now my Query is, If I will Regenerate SNP PPM from PPDS PPM it will overwrite my Existing one. I only want to change my Usage rate that is Resource Consumption Value ( e.g. For 1 Tonne it requires 1.5 min , existing SNP PPM it is1 Min). I want to transfer only changed portion in SNP PPM. How we

Kindly give your Inputs.

Regards

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The snp ppm will not be generated automaticlly. It will only be (re)created if the ppds to snp conversion program is run again. The newer version of that program (version 3.1 and up) will create the new snp ppm and replace the old snp ppm (no need to delete the old snp ppm). In my experience the update is invisible to the user.

If you only want to update a rate value you may want to consider using the snp ppm bapi, it also can be run in update mode.

or

you may want to consider ciffing over SNP PDS's in place of PPMS it takes the ppds to snp conversion step out and will update based on the CIF update itself. The only downside I have found in the SNP PDS is that they can not be changed in APO and creating priroites can be a bit of a hassle

George

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Pls confirm whether your query is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

query has been solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

As per my previous project experience, the sap recommended practice is that whenever any change is made, the integration model will be reactivated so as to update the master data change in R/3 into APO and accordingly an updated PPDS PPM will get generated. The existing old SNP PPM will be deleted from system. Then from the updated PPDS PPM, updated SNP PPMs will have to be generated.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.