cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create a Wiki - System Error!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been trying to add a couple of child pages to some parent (main) pages.

I can enter the page name and enter the text (say).

When I click on save it gives me an 'system error!' message.

What could be the cause? Is there anyone who also is getting that error or it is just confined to me?

Best regards,

Harsh Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Different Wikis have different permissions. What Wiki are you talking about?

Also, what does the error message say exactly?

Regards,

Hilit, SCN Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hilit,

Thanks for your response,

There are altogether 3 parent pages under which I wanted to create child pages for.

Prior to this attempt, I had created 4 wiki child pages under the page "The new Enhancement Framework and the new kernel-based BAdI" by Thomas Weiss.

But, now I am getting the error.

Also, similar attempts I had made for the pages "BTE - Business Transaction Event" by Peter Inotai and finally for "Enhancements and Modifications - BADI, Enhancement Framework, User Exits, BTE " by Rich Heilman respectively.

Another, important thing is that the first two wiki parent pages refer as child pages to the 3rd Wiki page by 'Rich Heilman'.

The system error i have been getting looks like this...

A system error has occurred - our apologies! Please create a support issue on our support system at sapnetwork@sap.com with a description of your problem and what you were doing at the time it occurred. We will respond as promptly as possible. Thank you!

Can you suggest me a way out?

Best regards,

Harsh Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, i'm confused, can you please try to be clearer?

Let's put it in 2 lists - the pages you did manage to edit and the ones you didn't.

BTW, links are always more welcomed

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay fine.

List 1 (Successfully Wikis added)- I did manage to add child pages to the wiki in earlier times "The new Enhancement Framework and the new kernel-based BAdI".

List 2 (Unsuccessful attempt to add wikis: System error) - When I tried to add wiki child pages to the same wiki "The new Enhancement Framework and the new kernel-based BAdI" a week back it gave me the 'system error' message and the wiki was not created.

As a fresh attempt to add wiki child pages to the wikis "BTE - Business Transaction Event" and " Enhancements and Modifications - BADI, Enhancement Framework, User Exits, BTE"

Co-incidence : "The new Enhancement Framework and the new kernel-based BAdI" wiki and "BTE - Business Transaction Event" are child pages of the main wiki "Enhancements and Modifications - BADI, Enhancement Framework, User Exits, BTE".

Here are the respective links -

[Enhancements and Modifications - BADI, Enhancement Framework, User Exits, BTE - by rich heilman|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/3wY]

[BTE - Business Transaction Event by Peter Inotai|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/hGk]

[The new Enhancement Framework and the new kernel-based BAdI - By Thomas Weis|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/rBE]

Give feedback so as if you need more clarifications

Best regards

Harsh Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I've checked the permissions of the "The new Enhancement Framework and the new kernel-based BAdI" Wiki, you are supposed to able to edit it. This, in addition to the fact that you had managed to edit it before, leads me to think that maybe it was a temporary bug. Did you try to re-edit it after a couple of hours/days?

2. Regarding the other Wikis- can you recall whether the "The new Enhancement Framework..." and the "BTE - Business Transaction Event" were child pages of "Enhancements and Modifications...." also before you had this error? (i.e. when you managed to add the child pages in earlier times) ? In other words, is it a part of your error or was this said regardless?

Also, please note that the child page of "Enhancements and Modifications...." is actually a COPY of "The new Enhancement Framework...".

Best Regards,

Hilit

P.S Next response will be on Sunday/Monday since we're heading on our Passover Break

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hilit for your efforts!

Hilit wrote: 1. I've checked the permissions of the "The new Enhancement Framework and the new kernel-based BAdI" Wiki, you are supposed to able to edit it. This, in addition to the fact that you had managed to edit it before, leads me to think that maybe it was a temporary bug. Did you try to re-edit it after a couple of hours/days?

1. I tried to re-create wiki couple of times after the first time I encountered that situation. Since a week, I am trying daily but the situation remained same as before.

I hope that should be a temporary 'bug'.

Hilit wrote: 2. Regarding the other Wikis- can you recall whether the "The new Enhancement Framework..." and the "BTE - Business Transaction Event" were child pages of "Enhancements and Modifications...." also before you had this error? (i.e. when you managed to add the child pages in earlier times) ? In other words, is it a part of your error or was this said regardless? Also, please note that the child page of "Enhancements and Modifications...." is actually a COPY of "The new Enhancement Framework...".

2. The wikis in the second point. I did not see that before as I attempted to add child pages recently and not anytime earlier. So, I am unaware of the situation that time .

This is the first time I am adding as child pages under "Enhancements and Modifications..." and "BTE - Business Transaction Event"

If you need more clarifications please give feedback!

Hilit wrote: since we're heading on our Passover Break

Have a nice break!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Any updates or possibilities?

Best regards,

Harsh Dave

Edited by: Harsh Dave on Apr 13, 2009 4:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error you have encountered is checked by our developer, meanwhile I have created new child pages under the pages you have linked: [test 1|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/test1], [test 2|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/test2] & [test 3|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/test+3].

Please edit these pages and let me know if there is any further need for assistance,

Thanks,

Yael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yael for your efforts and support.

1. I can edit those pages and save them.

2. But, when I try to create a new 'Child page' in any of the sections it gives me the 'SAME ERROR' and my page is not getting created or 'SAVED'

What could be the problem? You could create it right?

Then why is it giving problem for me?

Thanks for your precious time.

Best regards,

Harsh Dave

______________________________________Update__________

I tried to repeat the Wiki creation process at my other system at home last night, still it gives the same problem. (Generally, I create Wiki's from my 'Workplace')

Is there any problem with my account settings or what?

Kindly, check if anything associated with it.

Best regards,

Harsh Dave

Edited by: Harsh Dave on Apr 15, 2009 9:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yael,

It is very strange to know that the problem has be solved as it was a meager Wiki page 'Title' problem which was incidentally noticed by me.

The text which I was entering in the title seems to exceed beyond certain character limits.

After experimenting on the title I confirmed it and create a few more wiki pages keeping the limits in mind.

Hence, the wiki page was successfully created.

Thanks for your efforts and precious time.

Best regards,

Harsh Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing your experience

Answers (0)