cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : File systems updation

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

We have installed Netweaver 2004s only Java stack on solaris with oracle as the database .

I wanted to know specifically about the file systems,

/usr/sap

/sapmnt

/oracle

/oracle will get updated.How about /usr/sap and /sapmnt file systems.will they get updated or just the reads happen to these file systems .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As rohit said /usr/sap directory will be updated in Productive hours, for every directory there should be a functionality.

for eg: if we take the directory trans under /usr/sap, it will be updated for every transport and if we see work directory under /usr/sap/SID/DEVBMGS<Instance no>/ will be updated when work processes and services will process the user requests, and if you see Log directories like ALOG,SLOG will be updated for every transports...

Hope you can understand the directories structure functionlaities.

-Srini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are running EP 7.0 from last 2 years and my database size is only 20GB. So in the case of EP the growth is very low in all the file system.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

/usr/sap gets updated regularly.

whenever the transports are made,data and cofiles get created in these directories;/usr/sap/trans/data and /usr/sap/trans/cofiles

All the work processes traces and core files are written in work directory in /usr/sap

SAP kernel and SAP profiles exists in /usr/sap directory only

Also /sapmnt is a logical link to /usr/sap only and hence I dont think any updations happen here

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I didnt get you when you said that work process would generate core files .What are ccore files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Core files, profiles, and start traces: should one of the work processes of an application server terminate abnormally with core dump, you will also find the core files in the work directory.

This is what do you mean by core files and as said above these are generated when the work process terminates abnormally

Rohit