Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is alternate for BSEG table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are developing an interface for FI . The functional team has given field maps.

While going through it I found many maps are availble from table BSEG.

BSEG is a cluster table. hence i have told them to revise it. They have revised and the file has come back with few mappings now done with BSAK/BSAD/BSET/BSAS/BSIS/BSIM/BSIK .

However many fields still belong to BSEG which they are unable to find in other tables.

Can somebody suggest which table should I suggest them?

Thanks in advance.

MKT

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

the rest of documents you can find in the table BSE_CLR (Additional Data for Document Segment: Clearing Information)

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello MKT,

Its not an issue at all. If you get the data from BSAK/BSAD/BSET/BSAS/BSIS/BSIM/BSIK, then you can do a FOR ALL ENTRIES on BSEG using BUKRS, BELNR & GJAHR.

I donot think that will be a performance issue.

BR,

Suhas

christine_evans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is sometimes no way to avoid using BSEG since that holds all the FI line data and the other tables such as BSIK hold only subsets of that data. As mentioned, if you use the key selecting from BSEG is usually not a problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mitilesh,

Use this FM FI_DOCUMENT_READ1, to optimize the performance. Give Importing parameters as the compcode, year and docno and can retrieve data from BSEG table and populates the table T_BSEG.

FM's are always better to optimize the performance rather than select statements.

Regards,

Santosh Kumar Mukka.

0 Kudos

>

> Hi Mitilesh,

>

> Use this FM FI_DOCUMENT_READ1, to optimize the performance. Give Importing parameters as the compcode, year and docno and can retrieve data from BSEG table and populates the table T_BSEG.

>

> FM's are always better to optimize the performance rather than select statements.

>

> Regards,

>

> Santosh Kumar Mukka.

And what does this FM do? Why a number of selects including a select from BSEG (see below). I can't see any optimization gain in using it; in fact, since this FM will return a single document and so would have to be called multiple times to fetch multiple documents, I think it would be slower than doing a single select to get the lot.

SELECT * INTO TABLE T_BSEG FROM BSEG WHERE
                BELNR EQ I_DOCNO AND
                GJAHR EQ I_BYEAR AND
                BUKRS EQ I_COMPY.