cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinitializing a DTP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We're running SAP NetWeaver 2004s with Support Package Level SAPKW70017.

I've created a new cube and it's loaded using DTP's from 3 different sources.

The problem is, that I've just discovered that the Transformation for one of the sources was wrong. Now I've corrected the transformation, but I can't delete all packages, since it's compressed. I've run a selective deletion on the Info-provider, but I can't get the delta to start over again.

Like on the DataPackage there was this InitializationRequest that should be deleted, is there a similar task possible on the DTP. A way to tell it, that it should start over?

I hope you can help me.

Kind regards

Leon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ram_pandey
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

There isn't any init. marker in the DTP which you can delete and then re-initialise the DTP. However, if you're sure that you will be able to delete all the records from that DataSource using selective deletion, just load an init. request from the InfoPackage and the execute the DTP and from there on, continue loading deltas through InfoPackage and then DTP.

Just remember to delete all the old requests from the PSA before loading the init. request from the InfoPackage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand you correct, then you want me to reload my source data?

I'm extracting volumes from a cube (0PP_C01) into a new cube to be used for KPI's, but I can't reload this cube.

I was just hoping that I could to a reload, without having to delete the entire contents of the cube, and thereby also deleting the data from my 2 other sources!

Edited by: Leon Gärtner on Apr 7, 2009 1:54 PM

ram_pandey
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You won't have to delete the entire contents of the cube, as long as you're sure that you can delete the records related to the one specific datasource through selective deletion (as you've mentioned in your first post in the thread).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

As mentioned by you, can do selective deletion and use the same inputs in filter to do a full load for this create another DTP with Full load option.

Hope this helps.

Regs

Neel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon

I am also looking at this possibility of reinitialising a DTP to transfer all data from the source. Have you had any luck in getting this to work?

Cheers,

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

Their is no option of intializing in DTP but when you delete the data from the Cube or DSO it will automatically load again the entire data.

If you don't want to delete entire data but only a part then do selective deletion and then do selective full load using a full load DTP.

Thanks and Regards

Neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glenn,

In the DTP, you have an option to re-set the init without the transfer of data. This option is available, even if the data was already loaded in the cube.

Go to the execution tab, selection the processing mode for no transfer of data.

Hope this helps!

Kathleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neel

For some reason I thought that this wouldn't work as I couldn't have a delta, then a full, then another delta all from the same source, but it works! Of course, the delta DTP doesn't recognise that data needs to be reloaded when a selective deletion is performed, but the full load ensures the missing data gets reloaded. So this appears to be the only way to get the result of "re-init with data transfer" for a DTP. Much appreciated.

Cheers

Glenn

sven_mader2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, there is no point to correct the dataload.

Create a new DTP. So you get a new delta.

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't have 2 DTP's with the same selections. Then I get the following error!

Overlapping selection criteria with DTP DTP_4DC7JM2SZ03922XM42SV1FTKZ (field CALDAY)

I can't delete the old DTP as I then get this error (because I have requests loaded.)!

DTP_4DC7JM2SZ03922XM42SV1FTKZ cannot be deleted at the moment (see long text))

That is why I was hoping to be able to reinitialize the same DTP.