cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam trying to debug a java file of E-Commerce application. I gave the HostName and Port number correctly, but when I click in "Debug" button, im getting the following error -

"Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection refused".

Please tell me why iam getting this error?

Regards,

Padmalatha.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padmalatha,

Did you solve the problem?

Can you kindly tell me how you solved it.

Best Wishes

Idhaya R

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Padmalatha,

There can be many reasons of that:

1) Please check that the serevr is runing in the debug mode.

2) If it is running in the debug mode then please ensure that there is no one else debugging on the same server node. Generally there is only one instance configured for debugging. If someone is using the same server node instance for debussing then you might have to ask for closing that debug session to continue with your debugging.

3) Check whether you are using the correct server for debussing. Most of the we make mistake while configuring the debug server.

I hope this helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ThanQ for the reply,

I made sure that the server is running in debug mode.

No one else is using the same server node.

The first time when I click on Debug, some processes were running, but it did not go to the break point; later they got timed out. For the subsequent attempts to debug, im getting the error "Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection Refused."

The server is installed locally in my system.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Padmalatha.K

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Padmalatha,

Can you try these 2 things:

1) Close your IDE and start it again. Now try to debug as you were doing it earlier.

2) If this does not solve you problem Try and restrat your server and then debug.

I hope this should solve your issues.

Thanks and Regards

Pravesh