cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the home directory for sqd<SID> ?

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good day,

I'm trying to do a Java Add-In installation and I get a message:

Warning: The home directory '/sapdb/sqdLAT' of the database adminstrator 'sqdlat' is part of the database software directory which belongs to the database software owner. For a successful installation change the home directory of user 'sqdlat'.

It seems to carry on past the error though. Is it safe to continue ? I'm gathering my home directory is different from a previous old installation of MaxDB that was upgraded and changed it's location.

I'm installing this on a sandbox running ERP6 with MaxDB 7.6.06.003 on SLES 10 SP2

I'm not sure what is all required to change the home directory ?

Regards,

Nelis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Warning: The home directory '/sapdb/sqdLAT' of the database adminstrator 'sqdlat' is part of the database software directory which belongs to the database software owner. For a successful installation change the home directory of user 'sqdlat'.

> I'm not sure what is all required to change the home directory ?

The reason is, that the database software itself is installed under /sapdb. Did you change that home directory on initial installation? Usually its "/home/sql<SID>"....

Markus

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your comment.

Yes I know where it should be from looking at other systems but this is a rather old system and has been through quite a few MaxDB updates. I thought maybe /sapdb/sqd<sid> was the default home directory on an older version of MaxDB ?

Anyway, I just want to know if I can proceed and if not how to go about changing it's location.

Regards,

Nelis

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All our ERP systems upgraded from 46C days have a home directory of /sapdb/sqd<SID>

What I'm going to do on our sandbox is create a symlink from /home/sqd<SID> to the above location, perhaps that is the answer ?

Nelis

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would

- create a directory /home/sqd<SID>

- use "vipw" to change the home directory of the user

That user is not used for anything but as owner of the database files. So it's safe to change the home directory.

Markus

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, that did the trick, Java Add-In installed. I noticed it created all the usual env files in that directory, will check if they are the same as the ones in /sapdb/<sid>. Now that it is installed I could probably just change it back if it causes any problems in future with updates for example...

Nelis